Hardware D2Sun v3 VS D2Pro9 v3

Quark^2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to get my Wii modded soon, and I am unsure which modchip to get. I have several apparently professionals who can mod my Wii, but they work with different modchips.

My serial is LEH1619, which means an uncut D2C if I'm not mistaken. My modchip options are the following:
(Please correct the pros and cons for each chip).

D2Sun v3
- Updatable with usb cable
- Unknown how often/good updates are.

D2Pro9 v3
- Updatable with dvd.
- Good update support?
- D2E IC chips are supported 100%, other IC chips need a downgrade.

So, which one should I get? The D2Pro9 sounds best, except for the fact that for my D2C drivechip it seems to need a downgrade.
Any experiences from people with a D2C and either one of these modchips? Preferably someone with some technical skills and arguments... D2Sun rulzz or D2Pro suckzzz is useless.

Good region-free capabilities (100%) for both Wii and GC games are preferred.
Same with good update support.

OmniSlash2o6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a D2Pro9 pretty soon It should be coming in the mail!

I read somewhere that if you were on a budget go with D2Sun but if u aint D2Pro9.

I'm not sure about this but the D2Sun is older then the D2Pro9.

Also if you order from www.modchipcentral.com they will update your D2Pro9 to t he correct firmware all you have to do is select your chipset!

Quark^2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The modchip techs sell the D2Sun for slightly less than the D2Pro, and money isn't really an issue.

What does a lower firmware for the D2Pro9 mean? Less compatability or future updates?

Quark^2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'll most likely get a D2Pro v3 then.

However, I'm interested in the quality of these chips, especially considering updates and support.

Electric_Wizard

Trophies
Website
www.obscenelygreen.net
XP
Country
I'm in the same quandary.

I'm probably gonna get a presoldered solution and I've actually been advised by the site that the D2sun is better than the d2pro.

I can see people seem mostly to be advising the pro, but why? What makes it better than the sun?

india3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
on some other forums, people seem to like the d2sun more (because of active support from the team that made it in wiinewz)

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah you will never get an pdate for your D2Pro. if you want a chip that won't get updates you can go cheaper than D2Pro.
D2Sun however gets updates all the time. The question is where your prioritis are.

Electric_Wizard

Trophies
Website
www.obscenelygreen.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Yeah you will never get an pdate for your D2Pro. if you want a chip that won't get updates you can go cheaper than D2Pro.
D2Sun however gets updates all the time. The question is where your prioritis are.

So if D2Sun gets more updates and is identicle in almost every other way then what priority would I need to focus on in order for you to recomend the D2Pro?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
None.
biggrin.gif

I just went a step further and meant that it is either the D2sun for you or one of those new budget chips. I wouldn't recommend getting a D2Pro in any case.

Electric_Wizard

Trophies
Website
www.obscenelygreen.net
XP
Country
fantastic - my face is made up
smile.gif

A D2Sun it is. As an added bonus they seem to have fewer installation complications than the D2Pro, which apparently requires additional soldering about 1% of the time.

Thanks for all the help guys but unless anyone has anything else to add on the D2Pro side of things then I think I'm set.

As an aside, the D2Sun is actually slightly more expensive than the Pro because you need to buy a £20 usb thing to update it with rather than just using DVDs.

ZeroH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You also may want to think about the updating method. The D2Sun needs another device for you to update while the D2Pro can be updated via DVD.

Electric_Wizard

Trophies
Website
www.obscenelygreen.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
You also may want to think about the updating method. The D2Sun needs another device for you to update while the D2Pro can be updated via DVD.

Yeah - that's what I said.

QUOTEAs an aside, the D2Sun is actually slightly more expensive than the Pro because you need to buy a £20 usb thing to update it with rather than just using DVDs.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ZeroH said:
Yeah but there never will be an update for the D2Pro. Every time they have something to update they release a new revision of their chip.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish you would stop this "never be an upgrade" for the d2pro nonsense. They've released 2 updates for it since you've been saying that. It's like your on some sort of crusade for the d2sun or something. Just let people decide on the individual merits, not your biased opinions.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No they haven't. o.O They released a small update that makes the chip block the update partition on games, big whoop.
For the eject issu (and 6 wire installation) they released a new revision of the D2Pro, like they allways do. They have a Jtag update system, but instead of using it they just bring the updates on new chips, leaving old customers out in the rain. That's what I'm talking about "all the time".

ckirkby3

Trophies
XP
Country
Slowking said:
ZeroH said:
Yeah but there never will be an update for the D2Pro. Every time they have something to update they release a new revision of their chip.

You talk so much shite. They release a new revision when a new chipset comes out. Any software updates that are needed they release. Your an absolute idiot.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah and they have a Jtag update system so they could just update their chip for the new chipset, but they don't. But they advertise their Jtag update system. Imo that's shady.
Wasabi don't even have a Jtag system but they did a DVD-update to make their old chip compatible with the new chipsets. Imo that's good business.
If you like to pay for extra features that are not used, be my guest.

plexo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the d2pro9 modchip is out of date now really, wiikey v2 is a much better chip simply because of its price and it doesnt have as much eject issues...

the jtag update thing isnt really ever used

d2pro9 still do update ie the brickblock etc, now it works with 6 wires etc so u cant throw bullshit around that wasabi is better because they update their chip instead of bringing new ones out, the wiikey v2 is a new chip design thats cheaper, its up to you if you want to buy it or buy the more expensive option

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, only @BakerMan is as young as me