ModchipCentral

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
arctic_flame said:
They're basically shipping you a D2Pro with a crappy firmware flashed on it :|

It comes from the D2Pro team but is not a D2Pro. It's like half the size of a D2Pro.

Whats with this misinformation? The D2Pro has many eject, spinup, and inching issues. Tested many games with the D2Lite and no issues whatsoever so how is that crappy firmware?

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow, who needs a chip like that?
wacko.gif

Isn't Gecko Regionfree enough anymore?
Instead of simply installing the Homebrew Channel, you'd rather buy a drivechip that probably costs more than a Freeloader, open your Wii, install the drivechip, void your warranty during the process and risk breaking it?
blink.gif

I don't get it. Even if it might for some reason be illegal to install the Homebrew Channel (I don't know if it is, to be honest), is it really "worse" than installing a legal drivechip?
If not pissing off Nintendo is your biggest concern, I'd suggest you to not any import Wii games at all, because that's what pisses Nintendo off. They don't give a shit about what method you're using to boot foreign games, all they care about is the fact you're playing import games.
And seriously, do you really think anybody's gonna sue you if you install an "illegal" modchip?
Some people...
wacko.gif

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah....this "D2LIte" would be good at start when there was no freeloader, drivechip, HBC, GeckoOS but now...
rolleyes.gif

ModchipCentral

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think you guys are missing the point.

Yes, its meant to be used for play games from other regions.

But I think we all know the real purpose is for it to play backups with the "hacked" firmware, meanwhile keeping it legal to sell

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
ModchipCentral said:
arctic_flame said:

It comes from the D2Pro team but is not a D2Pro. It's like half the size of a D2Pro.

Whats with this misinformation? The D2Pro has many eject, spinup, and inching issues. Tested many games with the D2Lite and no issues whatsoever so how is that crappy firmware?

In my experience as an installer, the D2Pro has no issues, meaning it is user error. Especially seeing as putting pressure on the moving parts of the drive causes those 3 issues.

gamerjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not illegal to install the homebrew channel. you can do anything you want with your system as long as you dont take their software. so it is perfectly legal. mod chips are too its just how most people use them is what makes them to illegal things.

ModchipCentral

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
arctic_flame said:
ModchipCentral said:
arctic_flame said:

In my experience as an installer, the D2Pro has no issues, meaning it is user error. Especially seeing as putting pressure on the moving parts of the drive causes those 3 issues.

It's not user error. I have installed hundreds of them. Read the threads on Wiinewz. They are firmware issues, hence the reason firmware 2.3 came out for the D2Pro 9 to fix eject and spinup issues, and the infamous inching issue.

Volsfan91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamerjr said:
you can do anything you want with your system as long as you dont take their software. so it is perfectly legal. mod chips are too its just how most people use them is what makes them to illegal things.
I agree with you on that, but the rebuke taht a game company would offer is that circumventing copyright protection (as most chips; or rather the software flashed to them) is a violation of the DMCA, which makes it illegal.

Rice923

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skawo96 said:
Yeah....this "D2LIte" would be good at start when there was no freeloader, drivechip, HBC, GeckoOS but now...
rolleyes.gif

Are you implying that it's possible to run backup games through those that you mentioned?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: bro have you seen the gfuel instagram