• Total voters

xfrostx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have d2ckey and i get white screen error no matter what. I have never got the Green Screen error... I do not even know what that is lol. Swapping just makes it act like the DVD5 so that doesnt work..

uhhh i kind of F#&*# the poll up ...

IF D2CKEY + SSBB DVD9 WORKS POST HERE Include the Following Info:

Burn Speed
Burn Program
Media
Region
Instructions
Does it work all the time?
Last but not least ARE YOU SURE ? or were you dreaming

wiifii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyclowiz on DVD+R DL (Works perfect with wiikey and cyclowiz , just burn on a dvdr +dl do the update get double channel an launch game . Tried on both. Update 3.1J is included. Update will create duplicate channels. Don't Work On D2Ckey )

zidanej

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The real question is...does anyone actually have a d2ckey modded Wii that can play the DL version of brawl?

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldnt be surprised that its not actually the d2ckey but that perhaps the lasers in the drives changed slightly for these machines.

SinR

The Terribad Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
3 burns, all failed.

Burn #1: 2.4x with Nero, all default settings, on HP media (CMC MAG-D01-00), managed to get it to spin up one time, did the update (100%) but it wouldnt spin up again after that

Burn #2: 2.4x with Nero, all default settings, on Memorex media (RITEK-S04-66), it will spin the disc up every time, and "plays" the game to the loading screen, then whitescreens out

Burn #3: 2.4x with Imgburn, all default settings, on HP media again. spins up every time, but whitescreens after the initial loading screen.

all on a d2ckey modded Wii, NTSC-U

and an edit on this... im curious if its the burner/media/program/whatever... or the Wii... has someone with a d2ckey actually gotten a REAL copy of SSBB to work, then proceded to play a burned copy...?

its-my-right

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I do not understand at all !
On the video we can watch for example on youtube, all the d2ckey's owners show that the backup of SSBB runs flawlessly on their d2ckey modded wii. are you sure it is not a problem from the media you used ? try with verbatim, maybe...
but now you make me worry because I just ordered my dvd9, and if the game do not run on my d2ckey, I think I will die
ph34r.gif

its-my-right

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok, so you think it is the io that is a sort of fake ?
well, I am 100% certain of the quality of my iso, so if you want some...informations, just mp m...
wink.gif

xfrostx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok to clear things up. I have posted in another forum that has 100 + replies, it is NOT THE MEDIA. IT is either the ISO or the laser. so please do not say anything about the media. Thanks

skazybud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SSBB DVD9 with D2ckey does not work!

3.1U, NTSC

Tried Plextor and Sony burners
Tried different media

I am able to boot DVD5 (with RF) and swap with DVD9 (with RF+BB) and it behaves as DVD5. I get White Screen after 1st match.

Also tried ImgBurn and Nero. Tried 2.4x, 4x, 8x. Tried all combinations. No luck.

SinR

The Terribad Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
im really leaning towards the d2c drive's laser myself, im gonna try to do some tweaking on the POT when i get some offtime from work, but thats not till Tuesday.

in the meantime... back to trying to get more stars on SMG

SinR

The Terribad Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
in a shameless attempt to bolster my postcount, im not gonna edit

Anyways, after looking around on the internet, i came across the psxscene forums. Frosty has a post there on the d2ckey forum, and on there, THREE people have it working, and at that its with their own dumps (not the caravan rls). a few were going to download and test the caravan dump to see if it works, but still no word back from them yet.

im really thinking that maybe its something with the caravan dump. people have been able to get their own dumps to work in addition to their original discs...

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Using normal DVD5 tools to make the 1st layer image makes the 1st layer too big (check the size of the TMD DVD5 release against the maxium a DVD9 layer can take), this I think is what is upsetting the D2C 'parallel' style chips.

I suspect the 'caravan' image was made using this method, as it was much quicker than using the DVD9 tool on both layers, this also accounts to me why the 'caravan' image is so big.

skazybud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using normal DVD5 tools to make the 1st layer image makes the 1st layer too big (check the size of the TMD DVD5 release against the maxium a DVD9 layer can take), this I think is what is upsetting the D2C 'parallel' style chips.

I suspect the 'caravan' image was made using this method, as it was much quicker than using the DVD9 tool on both layers, this also accounts to me why the 'caravan' image is so big.

There is a new torrent available that is smaller in size than the caravan dump. Has anyone tried this yet? I'm going to give it a try but it'll be a few days
cry.gif

It isn't available in newsgroups.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh