Hacking D2C + firmware update

nibaru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I don't know much about Wii chips and bricking ect... and alot of talk about it here is good but too many variables to get a clear answer for me (pal..ntsc..firmware...)
I have a Jap Wii with a D2C chip and the wii firmware is 3.0J
No wifi connectivity (Jap guy in the shop gave me a piece of paper in pigeon English saying something about best not to update)
Anyway my question is if I boot from one of these new games that has the updater on them (SSB ect...possibly Mario Cart...) [backup not original]
As long as it is a Jap game I boot from, I shouldn't have any problems with bricking?

piepants

Trophies
Website
itspudding.com
XP
Country
You won't brick the Wii if you're running Japanese games on a Japanese console, even with the D2CKey.

If you want to run games from other regions, make sure you connect the Wii to the internet and update it manually first (safe even on a modded console). Then the worst that can happen is duplicate weather and news channels, unless you do the 15% trick or manually remove the updates and trucha sign before burning (there's guides on how to do both around the forums).

Hope this helps.
smile.gif

nibaru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great thanks
2 follow up Qs
1. Is there anyway an update from the same region (Jap:Jap) could stop my D2C key from working?
2. what is a "trucha sign" ?

epu708

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
nibaru said:
Great thanks
2 follow up Qs
1. Is there anyway an update from the same region (Jap:Jap) could stop my D2C key from working?
1. so far nope
2. trucha is a app/program to edit files in iso then sign it so that wii still can recognize it as a playable game.

piepants

Trophies
Website
itspudding.com
XP
Country
nibaru said:
Great thanks
2 follow up Qs

1. Nope, only way to stop your console working is by running an update from another country without having your console's system menu up to date already.
2. It's a program that can modify games before you burn them. You can take out updates, make NTSC games work on PAL consoles, enable features taken out for censorship, etc etc.

moggy666

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I have a Jap Console with D2C 3.1 Runs all NTSC Backups and with a freeloader disc it also plays PAL. However, i recently tried to go to my Wii settings and i get the following

you tried to access the address marc:JP/JP/JPN/INDEX01.html which is currently unavailable. Pleasemake sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated then try reloading the page

Make sure your internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same conection are working

Need help?

Open the opera help
Go to opera's on-line support desk

This has happened, I think since playing Mario Carts? it still plays all my backups but i cannot access the settings screen.

Any Help Please

Moggy

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
moggy666 said:
Hi I have a Jap Console with D2C 3.1 Runs all NTSC Backups and with a freeloader disc it also plays PAL. However, i recently tried to go to my Wii settings and i get the following

you tried to access the address marc:JP/JP/JPN/INDEX01.html which is currently unavailable. Pleasemake sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated then try reloading the page

Make sure your internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same conection are working

Need help?

Open the opera help
Go to opera's on-line support desk

This has happened, I think since playing Mario Carts? it still plays all my backups but i cannot access the settings screen.

Any Help Please

Moggy
Run AnyRegion Changer and set the region to Japanese
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over