Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
source: d2ckey.com
QUOTE said:
(...) it is possible for the Wii hardware to detect them (they modify RAM, for example).
They are talking about the drive controller's RAM, not every modchip does modify it, and drivechip RAM modification itself cannot be detected. That fine theory of yours is bullhockey, from beginning to end. Sorry.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
frankdj read up on what happened with SMG. The modchips themselves were not detected at all, dvd recordables were.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
You also quoted a site's feature list which is designed to sell their product, which is never a good source for unbiased info. For the real information on "detecting" modchips, check the OpenWii forums, and the YAOSM official support forum.

Frankdj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, maybe it is more relevant from this point on to focus on the developments of the Argon chips than bashing me. I think you guys made your point, that it's clear now that my story has some holes and incorrect information, so sorry for that
smile.gif

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Sure.

I find it odd that games freeze once the game has booted, because as the game has managed to boot, the chip has convinced the DVD drive that the disc is genuine. I'll reserve judgement on the Infectus/Argon for now.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Read it keeps patching the drive even after successful boot , which is causing the freezing , but that's just people on forums , so how true it is , I dunno
blink.gif

Although the very first bios for the viper GC were very buggy , and had stuff like the idle bug & DRE after the game had booted and the system was happy it was original , so doesn't seem that far fetched that something the infectus is doing is messing up.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You really only have two choices , wait and see what comes of it. See if infectus sort it out or get a D2CKEY which has a proven record.

Frankdj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The developers continue to say that the problem for freezing games is with the Wii laser, or the media on which it is burned. I think it is pretty weak from Infectus to say that, expecially looking to the replies of all those users.

"I wanted to make 100% sure before posting myself, but after testing on 3 seperate Wiis all of them NTSC-USA 3.1U I have the same problems with the Infectus but once I put the D2Ckey on the problem goes away."

ejp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How trusted are the sources of the infectus failure reports? I'd hold out for some feedback from a trusted source.

I wouldn't be one bit suprised if the d2ckey team were out on the forums trashing the opposition.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
How trusted are the sources of the infectus failure reports? I'd hold out for some feedback from a trusted source.

I wouldn't be one bit suprised if the d2ckey team were out on the forums trashing the opposition.

"I wanted to make 100% sure before posting myself, but after testing on 3 seperate Wiis all of them NTSC-USA 3.1U I have the same problems with the Infectus but once I put the D2Ckey on the problem goes away."

Who has access to 3 wiis at once?

The installation/deinstallation of an Infectus followed by an installation of a D2CKey isn't easy either
unsure.gif

Frankdj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't really know... but if you allready have an D2Ckey installed, and you just un-solder the +5 and GND, doesn't that just shut down the chip so you can install your Argon?

edit: ARGON UPDATE
It seems that team Infectus takes all the problems serious now, since they ask users to post photo's of the Argon setup. They also are trying to look for problems within the software. I'm not quite sure, but since the first load of Argon's has allready been shipped to the resellers in Europe that would mean that the software ON the Argon is still buggy and there is no chance of re-programming him yet since the programmer only comes out in january (you can still buy an Infectus though).

Frankdj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
However I started this thread and being an Argon fan in the past weeks, I now made my decision and just bought a D2Ckey with FlexPCB. Yea you guys read it right, a D2Ckey
tongue.gif
I'll post my experiences with the FlexPCB and with the chip next week!

Reason for me are the numberous review that indicate the quality of the chip, and that all known games are running on it. The Argon chip could become more complete, but it takes a few months to see how the respones are and how it developes when new games come out. I also emailed the Dutch reseller which provides both Argon and D2Ckey, and asked his opinion because he might have more information. He told me that in his opinion the D2Ckey work in a totally different way than Argon and Wiikey, and that updating might never become an issue with this chip. However, the future will tell me if I'm screwed or not

Frankdj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yep u can buy them, the salesman told me that received them in stock, which means I'll receive it in the coming days.
The 18th was the date most shops started selling their first load of flexPCBs, so expect to see it in UK shops soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo