CycloDSi Price?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Bowser-jr, Jan 2, 2011.

Jan 2, 2011

CycloDSi Price? by Bowser-jr at 10:08 PM (2,671 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. Bowser-jr
    OP

Member Bowser-jr GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Just a quick general question, does anyone know how much it will cost for the CycloDSi when it is released? How much do DSi Flash Carts run now a days?

2. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    This needed it's own thread?

It will cost more than almost every current flashcart.
    (Including our own special edition SCDStwo)
    Why? That's how Cyclo does things.
    Will it be worth it? *shrug* We'll have to wait and see,
    but in my opinion their first cart was when it came out.

3. Fireballo

Banned Fireballo Banned

United States
    I don't think there's a set price yet but it'll most likely be around $45

4. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    most website has it for preorder @ $50 not including shipping

5. Rafinesque

Member Rafinesque GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Which sites are taking pre-orders?

6. Ron

Member Ron somehow a weeb now.

Canada
    ...My guess is..
    What's the scouter say about it's Price?
    IT'S OVER 9000!!

No, seriously, it's gonna cost more than the SCDS2 and the AceKard 2i combined. Honestly, Team Cyclo likes to overprice things.

7. Zerox8610

Member Zerox8610 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Then it comes out dirt cheap like the AK2i or something lol

its main feature so far is DSi mode, if there isn't any extra hardware needed for that I wouldn't expect the price to be super high... but then again I've never paid attention to their carts before now, you guys know the team better than me [​IMG]

8. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
  9. Vigilante

Member Vigilante TempLurker

Philippines
    @ modariffic about 60$ preorder and it is damn expensive just stick with /buy supercard dstwo

10. altorn

Member altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    when it comes out....... the 3DS will be only a couple of months away...

bad decision for Team Cyclops. spending budget and time on a flashcart that NOT everybody can and will use. they could've just prefected the new cyclods UI or compatibility.

i guess that's they're prerogative. i feel bad for them. i bought my cyclo last 2008, around $56, and i found it very good, and lasted until now (still working great!).

11. Bowser-jr
    OP

Member Bowser-jr GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Okay, i was just wondering is all. Does anyone know which site is the cheapest right now?

12. rave420

Member rave420 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    20$ would be a fair price i say, but three times that...

The only real feture here is the DSi mode if it works, but apparently some team somewhere has released an exploit which may render this expensive feature so not worth it.

Seeing how i may be able to get my DSi games without having to buy a 60$ card, i start to question why they price their stuff so high? I mean, do you want to make any sales?

13. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    If your going to complain about the price, why don't you wait a few years. The price on the clycoDS Evo only dropped by 5-10 bucks since the release to now. It is going to be the same for this thing.

14. rave420

Member rave420 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    the reason i complain about price is because that is my right as a consumer.

They give me a flashcard for a lot of money that can't do things that cheaper flashcards CAN DO.

therefore, i conclude that the price of 50 - 60$ is NOT justified.
    But that is only my, one mans, opinion.

If you think the price is okay and you feel you're getting your money's worth, then it's all good. I don't feel that way, and don't share that point of view.

then, if you pre-ordered the card, you would have gotten a card with less functionality than the SCDS2, for more money. And that is what irks me. It's not like you can just use DSi compatible games and DSi mode homebrew right away. Every DSi enhanced game dumped so far get's the error message "Bad Dump" on the iEvo. Meanign their loudest advertsided feature does not even work YET.

for 60$ i get a SCDS2, an R4DS.CN AND an AK2i. I just feel the price isn't justified, and i do have my reasons for saying that.

15. Gariscus

Member Gariscus Former Team Cyclops Mod

Australia
    Most of the currently dumped DSi enhanced games haven't been dumped correctly(only the DS part has been dumped IIRC), however some have been reported working(with some bugs).

The DSi mode compatibility layer will be released in a new beta tomorrow(for older homebrew). Homebrew built with recent versions of devkitARM/libnds already run in DSi mode.

16. Game Dragon

Member Game Dragon GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    You have a CycloDS iEvolution Flash card for evaluation, have you opened it up to see inside has it got an extra CPU I think it has

17. Gariscus

Member Gariscus Former Team Cyclops Mod

Australia

18. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    It's nice to see people don't actually understand the concept of a DSi mode flashcart. As said before(AW's quote), the DSTwo has the problem of not forwarding data fast enough between the cart and the DSi while playing GBA games with the emu. With DSi mode the software is run in the DSi itself, not on a cart in Slot-1. That removes the lag of the Slot-1 and lets faster transfer rates for everything. As for the fact that not much has been shown in DSi mode.. There really hasn't been any chance of actually playing anything in DSi mode before. If you can use the ARM7 and ARM9 processors on the DSi for homebrew and DSi enhanced games, the iEvo > DSTwo in terms of speed on homebrew even though the DSTwo has a built in processor. And i think that it will work pretty much in every aspect a bit faster since the DSi hardware is fully enabled.

-Qtis

ps. Gotta love the homebrew compatibility so far to be seen after the new update [​IMG]