Bowser-jr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick general question, does anyone know how much it will cost for the CycloDSi when it is released? How much do DSi Flash Carts run now a days?

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This needed it's own thread?

It will cost more than almost every current flashcart.
(Including our own special edition SCDStwo)
Why? That's how Cyclo does things.
Will it be worth it? *shrug* We'll have to wait and see,
but in my opinion their first cart was when it came out.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
...My guess is..
What's the scouter say about it's Price?
IT'S OVER 9000!!

No, seriously, it's gonna cost more than the SCDS2 and the AceKard 2i combined. Honestly, Team Cyclo likes to overprice things.

Zerox8610

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then it comes out dirt cheap like the AK2i or something lol

its main feature so far is DSi mode, if there isn't any extra hardware needed for that I wouldn't expect the price to be super high... but then again I've never paid attention to their carts before now, you guys know the team better than me
tongue.gif

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
when it comes out....... the 3DS will be only a couple of months away...

bad decision for Team Cyclops. spending budget and time on a flashcart that NOT everybody can and will use. they could've just prefected the new cyclods UI or compatibility.

i guess that's they're prerogative. i feel bad for them. i bought my cyclo last 2008, around $56, and i found it very good, and lasted until now (still working great!).

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
20$ would be a fair price i say, but three times that...

The only real feture here is the DSi mode if it works, but apparently some team somewhere has released an exploit which may render this expensive feature so not worth it.

Seeing how i may be able to get my DSi games without having to buy a 60$ card, i start to question why they price their stuff so high? I mean, do you want to make any sales?

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the reason i complain about price is because that is my right as a consumer.

They give me a flashcard for a lot of money that can't do things that cheaper flashcards CAN DO.

therefore, i conclude that the price of 50 - 60$ is NOT justified.
But that is only my, one mans, opinion.

If you think the price is okay and you feel you're getting your money's worth, then it's all good. I don't feel that way, and don't share that point of view.

then, if you pre-ordered the card, you would have gotten a card with less functionality than the SCDS2, for more money. And that is what irks me. It's not like you can just use DSi compatible games and DSi mode homebrew right away. Every DSi enhanced game dumped so far get's the error message "Bad Dump" on the iEvo. Meanign their loudest advertsided feature does not even work YET.

for 60$ i get a SCDS2, an R4DS.CN AND an AK2i. I just feel the price isn't justified, and i do have my reasons for saying that.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
rave420 said:
the reason i complain about price is because that is my right as a consumer.

They give me a flashcard for a lot of money that can't do things that cheaper flashcards CAN DO.

therefore, i conclude that the price of 50 - 60$ is NOT justified.
But that is only my, one mans, opinion.

If you think the price is okay and you feel you're getting your money's worth, then it's all good. I don't feel that way, and don't share that point of view.

then, if you pre-ordered the card, you would have gotten a card with less functionality than the SCDS2, for more money. And that is what irks me. It's not like you can just use DSi compatible games and DSi mode homebrew right away. Every DSi enhanced game dumped so far get's the error message "Bad Dump" on the iEvo. Meanign their loudest advertsided feature does not even work YET.

for 60$ i get a SCDS2, an R4DS.CN AND an AK2i. I just feel the price isn't justified, and i do have my reasons for saying that.
Most of the currently dumped DSi enhanced games haven't been dumped correctly(only the DS part has been dumped IIRC), however some have been reported working(with some bugs).

The DSi mode compatibility layer will be released in a new beta tomorrow(for older homebrew). Homebrew built with recent versions of devkitARM/libnds already run in DSi mode.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Game Dragon said:
RoMee said:
most website has it for preorder @ $50 not including shipping
You have a CycloDS iEvolution Flash card for evaluation, have you opened it up to see inside has it got an extra CPU I think it has

It does not have a CPU, however it can access the DSis CPU.

QUOTE(Another World @ Dec 20 2010, 04:35 PM)
files running on the ismart mm/scds2 have a 50% data throughput loss from cpu-to-msd-to-slot1. i've talked to a few developers who have run test, and each confirmed this. homebrew running in dsi mode will be better, faster, and have more potential no matter how you look at it.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's nice to see people don't actually understand the concept of a DSi mode flashcart. As said before(AW's quote), the DSTwo has the problem of not forwarding data fast enough between the cart and the DSi while playing GBA games with the emu. With DSi mode the software is run in the DSi itself, not on a cart in Slot-1. That removes the lag of the Slot-1 and lets faster transfer rates for everything. As for the fact that not much has been shown in DSi mode.. There really hasn't been any chance of actually playing anything in DSi mode before. If you can use the ARM7 and ARM9 processors on the DSi for homebrew and DSi enhanced games, the iEvo > DSTwo in terms of speed on homebrew even though the DSTwo has a built in processor. And i think that it will work pretty much in every aspect a bit faster since the DSi hardware is fully enabled.

-Qtis

ps. Gotta love the homebrew compatibility so far to be seen after the new update
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-