Cyclods vs R4 Wood

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Bloodlust, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Apr 18, 2010

Cyclods vs R4 Wood by Bloodlust at 3:44 PM (2,572 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Bloodlust
    OP

Member Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    Talk about a comeback. I really hate to say this since I am a CycloDS user myself but the awesome compatibility which has resurfaced for such an old flash cart really puts the CycloDS to shame.

1) Latest pokemon releases, Estpolis don't need patching for Wood firmware. AFAIK, I think TC has should put more effort on improving compatibility instead of going to work on that new GUI. [​IMG]

2. KirovAir

Member KirovAir Dutch Alcoholic Programmer

Netherlands
    Uhm, I don't have any compatibility issues with CycloDS, and all the games you name, don't need any patching on the CycloDS either.

Also, why the hell puts it the CycloDS to shame? It's still a great flashcard. and the new GUI will add a lot of options that we are missing now. (Copy+Paste, removes cheat codes popup etc.)

3. impizkit

Member impizkit Lazy Lurker

Australia
    CycloDS Compatibility is still usually the best out there. Here we are with another CycloDS debate. I think this gets really old.

4. thiefraccoon

Member thiefraccoon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    why would that put cycloDS to the shame?
    compatibility is top notch, (not to mention continued support) and it has many useful function not found in other cards.

this topic doesn't make sense.
    is it troll?

5. Bloodlust
    OP

Member Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    @Darkmystery : Which firmware are you using with 0 issues for strange journey as I still have random freezing issues with 1.59 beta 1. And does estpolis work without any hiccups? Does Women's murder club : Games of passion (DSi Enhanced title) work?

@thiefraccoon : I'm just a bit pissed off that such an old cart like the R4 which does not even offer SDHC support can just make such a comeback with a firmware released by an individual. What does this prove? That this cart still has potential despite it's age. And TC as a team.. tsk...

6. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    You are rubbishing the effort of a team which has offered continued support for their cart for the last 3 years just because another team just made a firmware for a cart that has been dead for over a year. Are you fucking kidding me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.