MrNintendosense
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Team Cyclops has updated the cyclods site with New Stable firmware for both the Evolution and iEvolution

QUOTE said:

CycloDS Evolution firmware v2.0 has been released for both Evolution and iEvolution and is available for download from the support page.

This firmware release is special for two reasons - first and foremost it marks the official release of our new product, CycloDS iEvolution. Secondly, this release makes the new and improved CycloDS GUI available to mainstream users, bringing with it improvements such as bookmarks, enhanced skinning, enhanced cheat code support, multiple save slots, file management and much more.

Changes in this release include:

Common
The new and improved CycloDS GUI is now available for mainstream users bringing with it improvements such as bookmarks, enhanced skinning, enhanced cheat code support, multiple save slots, file management and much more. Full documentation to follow on the CycloDS website
Fixed skin freezing bug
Game compatibility fixes (DSi 101, DSi 109, 5140, 5174, 5175, 5243, 5274, 5275, 5326, 5329, 5343, 5358, 5364)
iEVO
First public stable firmware release for iEvolution
Added DSi mode homebrew compatibility layer
Fixed IPC bug relating to homebrew software
Improved compatibility with DSi enhanced titles
In addition, we have uploaded iEvolution bootstrap files for USA and European DSi handhelds. An updated, comprehensive users manual for iEvolution will be uploaded in the coming days.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hooray!
Updating right now.
smile.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's great news, I look forward to reviews of the iEvo.
smile.gif

DSi mode homebrew sounds great, if it's just a compatibility layer.
All the DSi mode homebrew I tried with sudokuhax didn't behave 200% faster like I had expected either.

So, out of curiosity, the Smugleaf skin I made for CycloDS should also work on DSi right, same firmware, same interface?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Darkmystery said:
RupeeClock said:
So, out of curiosity, the Smugleaf skin I made for CycloDS should also work on DSi right, same firmware, same interface?

Yes, the skins have backwards compatibility.
That's great news.
I just read up on the forum, and it seems like they can force DS roms to run in DSi mode for added performance.
Immediately I'm reminded of Sonic Rush Adventure, the title intro for that would never run fullspeed on any flashcart I can think of, I'd love to test that.

And another big deal, does forced DSi mode open the possibility for WPA encryption support on old DS games?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Are the save issues with older games (like Spirit Tracks, Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime or Alice in Wonderland) which were in 1.61 still present in the Evolution Firmware v2.0?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just glad that the new GUI is now out of beta and has become the main FW for the standard CycloDS. No more old GUI.....yay.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Can I Have a screenshot of the new GUI v. the old GUI? I might consider buying a CycloDSi after I get my 3DS. That, and can you run homebrew in DS mode too?

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
It took me weeks to find pictures of the new GUI. I was asking that myself.

Have a look at the iEvo reviews at YouTube, you'll see the difference there.

You have a favourites button instead the Moonshell button and / or your favourites and / or last played game at the CycloDSi 'front page'.

That's the only thingt I'm missing in Akaio right now, btw.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Me too, haddad. But let's wait what Another World has to say about it first...

Game compatibility should be almost 100% now, now let's wait and see if this fancy DSi stuff works.

I'd really like to keep DSi mode switched "ON" all the time, is that possible now? (If you don't mind checking 5'500 ROMs for me lol)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I don't know you