wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
cyclods.gif
CycloDS iEVO
New Information
ievoiphoto3_small.jpg

GBATemp has secured a review sample of the CycloDS iEVO. While we wait for the sample to ship we asked a few questions about the first DSi-mode Flash Kit. We asked about DSi/DS mode confirmation, the G.U.I., and the possibility of a DSi Homebrew SDK. Team Cyclops has been very forthcoming and happily answered our brief questions.

From Team Cyclops said:
• The cart does indeed run in DSi mode, and in fact it has two modes of operation – DSL mode and DSi mode. The mode is selectable through the CycloDS GUI settings screen.
• iEVO will be using the updated CycloDS GUI which has been undergoing testing recently. It looks almost identical to the regular EVO GUI.
• While we will not be releasing a SDK as such, we will be posting information and code snippets which can be integrated into currently available homebrew SDK’s such as libnds. Changes required to get homebrew functioning properly in DSi mode are actually quite minimal anyway, so most existing homebrew will be able to benefit from the faster clock speeds etc without much trouble.

The idea of Homebrew being quickly ported to DSi mode is something that interests us very much. More information will be posted when it becomes available, especially anything which pertains to the SDK. The review will be started as soon as the review sample arrives, and will begin with a hands-on impressions post. Stay tuned tempers!

icon11.gif
 CycloDS Homepage

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not to troll or start shit, but after Costello calling them out and stuff, I'm surprised they were still willing to send you guys a review sample.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being a fan and former user of the CycloDS Evo, this really interests me.

I am pretty disappointed that no SDK will be releasedw, but if they have any plans to release native homebrew and emulators this may be a cart to seriously consider.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does this mean devkit pro will get an update soon ?
rolleyes.gif

They should also communicate a little about the FPGA+MCU. Will it able to run some code faster if it's used (ex: emulators) ?
Will it have a SDK to handle it ?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk with, hopefully if i read right, dsi is hack/going to be hack and hopefully ds2 trying to reverse engineer this , then their no need for this...
unsure.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shakirmoledina said:
lol that is amazing... cyclo being very forthcoming
probably a great buy if the review gets gold or even silver award

Not for me, for the price they're asking, and the lack of features for me, I'm skipping it.

xaeroak15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
• The cart does indeed run in DSi mode, and in fact it has two modes of operation – DSL mode and DSi mode. The mode is selectable through the CycloDS GUI settings screen.
Waiting for more details about that.

alejolink11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
shakirmoledina said:
lol that is amazing... cyclo being very forthcoming
probably a great buy if the review gets gold or even silver award

Not for me, for the price they're asking, and the lack of features for me, I'm skipping it.

what exactly is this price?

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Why are they relying on people using their modified version of libnds?
libnds is on the same level as libwifi, they both should be completely rewritten from scratch to fix the inefficiencies and to give them the full functionality that's required in most homebrew. MenuDO had to use custom kernel support per-flashcard just to replace libnds.

If the CycloDS team are so great, what is the real reason they are not releasing a SDK?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rydian said:
"Forthcoming".

This is pretty good news, at first I was all "wtf no SDK?", but after reading that they're giving code to be integrated into the current devkits I got happier.
I agree; good news, and good that you've managed to secure a sample. What jumped at me was that it should be "forthcoming", not "fourth coming". Quite a difference.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Changes required to get homebrew functioning properly in DSi mode are actually quite minimal". I think this is a clue that other cards can be simply updated to do the same thing as this iEVO card.
evil.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30