CycloDS file structure

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Least100Seraphs, Jul 29, 2011.

Jul 29, 2011

CycloDS file structure by Least100Seraphs at 1:14 AM (1,301 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Least100Seraphs
    OP

Newcomer Least100Seraphs Newbie

Australia
    Hi there,

I'm trying to clean up my DS-GBA life when it comes to SD cards and the data that's on them, as I've just picked up an EZFlash 4 slot-2 device for GBA games and to complement my existing CycloDS (original, not i).

My EZFlash 4 is simple - I performed a clean install on a fresh card.

My CycloDS (original, not i) is not so simple. Apart from being used on my CycloDS, I've also used it on a few occasions to grab stuff from other devices, and it has some DS-related files that have been copied across as a backup from a time when someone else had my USB stick that normally held that stuff.

To make things more difficult, I have the micro SD card that I use in my CycloDS with me, but I don't have my CycloDS or DS itself on me at the moment, and I'm trying to remove all the stuff I don't need on the card. So I can't just copy everything onto the PC and do a "clean" CycloDS installation and simply copy back the select items I need.

So what I'm looking for is some info on what my SD card should have on it when I view it through a reader plugged into my PC.
    Naturally, the contents of some folders is sure to vary, but for example, I know I should have an NDS folder, and a SAVES folder.

What else should I see in a standard CycloDS card?

I'm also looking for info on how I can use these two devices in tandem to do things like back up my GBA and DS save files, but I'll look for that info when I'm ready to explore that side of my devices. For now I'm happy to simply clean up my CycloDS.

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Well, other than your games and save files (.nds and .sav) that you can either put in the root of the SD or create your own folder for, the CycloDS creates one folder for itself automatically, that's the "CycloDS" folder which contains its loader files, GUI skins and cheat files. If that folder isn't already on the SD when you boot the CycloDS, it will create it. The only other folder that's required for full operation of the CycloDS is the "moonshl2" for its DPG and MP3 playback.

You should be able to get instructions, firmware updates and Moonshell files for the CycloDS here:
    http://cyclopsds.com/cgi-bin/cyclods/engine.pl?page=support

Be sure to get the files for the Evolution and not the iEvolution.

Naturally, if you have any further questions, you can ask here, but the CycloDS also has its own forums that you can ask questions at too:
    http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/

Hope that helps you. [​IMG]

3. Least100Seraphs
    OP

Newcomer Least100Seraphs Newbie

Australia
    Thanks, Rayder. It was exactly the info I was looking for. [​IMG]