GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
CycloDS Evolution v1.58 BETA 1 firmware has been released for testing, changes include:

* Game compatibility fixes (DSi 0040, 4356)

Just a small update, but an update nontheless.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what other game it fixes, but it fixes Sonic Classic Collection!

I just played a bunch of levels in Sonic 1 and it plays exactly the same as the retail cart as far as I can see. I didn't use any cheats....

TC's been pumping out the updates lately. Nice!

You know, I think a lot of the "flickering" people talk about in SCC is just the fact that the game is running on an LCD screen.....one we KNOW doesn't have the best response time in the world. Not to mention the game wasn't designed with LCD screens in mind when they were developed (and this IS just an emulation of those original games), so that's why it appears more extreme in this when certain background flicker light/dark like they do. I've seen other DS games do this, but they are less extreme because the graphics actually took LCD screens into consideration when they were designed. So it's actually just nit-picking to say there is flicker. It's not the game's fault, it's the DS's screens.

As for slowdown.....I've yet really see anything bad enough to really point at and yell slowdown, I see more occasional teeny hiccups and stutters, but not really slowdown.

This coming from a person who has the retail cart AND comparing it to the 'now fixed' game on the CycloDS. There is no difference. That's good news!

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
I don't know what other game it fixes, but it fixes Sonic Classic Collection!

That is, indeed, excellent news! I'm gonna give this a whirl after I finish my coffee, I was bummed when this didn't work when I applied the last Beta update (v1.57b4). Granted, I've been buried in Assassin's Creed II: Discovery (pretty fun, though my end-level scores suck.) Thanks for the heads-up!

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Seems like... I need to update... Sadly acekard Sonic Speed has made me like it bit more than cyclo (not only the fact acekard had update day before cyclo ;_;)

I still like it... though he rests in the tin of his...

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
This was expected especially with SCC not working on the Cyclo, but still good to see that TC are updating regulary.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pliskron said:
Isn't 1.58 final supposed to be out any time now? I suppose that will also make Edge useres happy.
1.58B1 was only released today, so give it a couple of weeks at least.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pliskron said:
Whats with all the updates? TC back from holiday.

They actually update (in beta) quite often, it's just that most people don't know about it.
TC didn't used to like people posting beta releases anywhere. They would only allow final/stable releases to be announced (those always could be front-paged).
Now they DO allow beta release announcements, as long as it isn't front-page news and is just a post in its respective forum.

They understand that some would like to know about (and test) the beta updates for the latest game compatibilities, but can't log in to their forums because of email restrictions and therefore can't access the update through TC's forums. So they also now allow mirrors of the betas to be posted. But again, just as long as it isn't front-page news.

So as long as you keep an eye on the CycloDS forum here at GBAtemp, you will know when TC releases a new beta, and it will usually be front-page news when a final/stable is released.

Hope that clears things up.

abrack08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice, been waiting to play Sonic... Too bad I'm a working college student who's currently wrapped up in FF13 and MLB The Show. Oh well... it'll get it's playing time eventually.

florian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
thanks again , team cyclops
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat