Hacking CycloDS Evolution v1.56 BETA 7 Released

staticfritz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Destructobot, first time I ever visited the CycloDS forum was yesterday. I tried to register and the error message said I'd been banned. Seeing as their system is confused, I appreciate guys like Jackthelad helping me out.

Jackthelad: it's all about the Bookworm for me now.
wink.gif

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mouzik said:
I'm at work so i can't try this. I have a question: games that run with stealth mode can be played with cheats and RTS?

The US versions of Might & Magic and COP, yes, as they don't need stealth mode anymore.

The European versions of the above two and of COG: Dragons still need stealth mode, so no enhanced features.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
staticfritz said:
Destructobot, first time I ever visited the CycloDS forum was yesterday. I tried to register and the error message said I'd been banned. Seeing as their system is confused, I appreciate guys like Jackthelad helping me out.

wink.gif
The administrators have banned all emails that use Gmail, Hotmail etc.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Eon-Rider said:
staticfritz said:

wink.gif
The administrators have banned all emails that use Gmail, Hotmail etc.
Yeah, I registered just in time with my Hotmail address; maybe within a month afterwards they disabled all registration for a time. Last I heard, using Mailinator worked for registering. After you've registered you may be able to change your default address to one from Hotmail, though I'm not sure.

mouzik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sfg said:
mouzik said:
I'm at work so i can't try this. I have a question: games that run with stealth mode can be played with cheats and RTS?

The US versions of Might & Magic and COP, yes, as they don't need stealth mode anymore.

The European versions of the above two and of COG: Dragons still need stealth mode, so no enhanced features.

So....Stealth mode on=No cheats

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest... I don't know if cheats are included too, because I don't use them.
Stealth mode means the Enhanced Menu is not available, so for example you won't be able to activate/deactivate them during the game, but I don't know if you also can't activate them before starting the game.
Try and see...

mouzik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mixinluv2u said:
stealth mode disables cheats.

ok...but, since stealth mode starts automatically, how can i understand that it's running. I.e. when i start Zelda ST non patched, i'm sure stealth mode starts, but i can't see any difference from any other game without it. Sorry for my English...hope you understand
tongue.gif

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mouzik said:
mixinluv2u said:

ok...but, since stealth mode starts automatically, how can i understand that it's running. I.e. when i start Zelda ST non patched, i'm sure stealth mode starts, but i can't see any difference from any other game without it. Sorry for my English...hope you understand
tongue.gif

Zelda doesn't use stealth, and all three versions of it should work fine now.
And you can see when a game uses stealth if it will say so when loading. There would be "(Stealth mode)" under "Loading...".
The US versions of COP and Might & Magic don't need it anymore as of this last beta so it's not started automatically, but it is started for the European versions of COP, Might & Magic and COG: Dragons and as I saw you can't disable it. You wouldn't want anyway, since those versions won't work without it.

Basically, the stealth mode should detect automatically if you're using a cracked ROM or if the game has been fixed (like with the US versions of the two games) and won't be activated. It should also detect automatically if your ROM is not cracked AND uses the protection for which the stealth mode was created and will be activated. Initially you would have been required to hold "Start" when launching a game to activate stealth mode, but apparently it's all automatic now.

mouzik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sfg said:
mouzik said:
mixinluv2u said:

tongue.gif

Zelda doesn't use stealth, and all three versions of it should work fine now.
And you can see when a game uses stealth if it will say so when loading. There would be "(Stealth mode)" under "Loading...".
The US versions of COP and Might & Magic don't need it anymore as of this last beta so it's not started automatically, but it is started for the European versions of COP, Might & Magic and COG: Dragons and as I saw you can't disable it. You wouldn't want anyway, since those versions won't work without it.

Basically, the stealth mode should detect automatically if you're using a cracked ROM or if the game has been fixed (like with the US versions of the two games) and won't be activated. It should also detect automatically if your ROM is not cracked AND uses the protection for which the stealth mode was created and will be activated. Initially you would have been required to hold "Start" when launching a game to activate stealth mode, but apparently it's all automatic now.

Thank you, now it's clear

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: What happens when you press ABXYLR while on Stealth Mode? Will it go to the Enhanced Menu but with all features disabled, will it soft-reset, or does it do nothing?

@Protokun7: Team Cyclops banned Mailinator some time ago. If you need to register, just use your ISP's email address, or a private domain (your school's, for example).

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
Quick question: What happens when you press ABXYLR while on Stealth Mode? Will it go to the Enhanced Menu but with all features disabled, will it soft-reset, or does it do nothing?

Nothing.

They said the reason is because this new AP detects if the ROM's executable was modified and to be able to have the Enhanced Menu the executable needs to be modified.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, supposedly they will provide real fixes for the games, at least for the US versions like they already did, so the enhanced menu will be available when they do so.
Think about it though, it's still great that you will be able to play the future games that will use this AP right when they're released (and I assume there will be more since TC made a mode especially for it). No waiting for fixes and such. You just won't have the enhanced menu until fixes are available.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG, we cannot link to their stuff.

QUOTE said:
Please do not post news about any BETA builds which appear in this forum. Usually when a build is posted in this forum, the corresponding final build will appear a few days later pending the success of the BETA testing. The BETA builds we post here are intended to serve as temporary releases for the sole purpose of testing and not for general use. As a general rule, only post about firmware releases which are mentioned in the news forum or on the news section of the main CycloDS website.

We allow the info on here, but that's it. Links can lead to their official forums. Everything needs to be done on there. (for BETA stuff)

The beta link is in their forums. Any more links to the download directly will suffer consequences.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So it seems we aren't to link to the beta updates now (after all these years of people complaining that we were breaking Team Cyclops's rules).
I've noticed that the firmware is still on Filetrip, so are we allowed to tell people to look there, or do we have to tell them to get it from the CycloDS site?

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Umm, the quoted passage asks webmasters not to post news about the beta firmwares and doesn't say anything about re-uploading beta firmwares or posting download links, but whatever.

From a practical point of view, since the TC site goes seems to go down every couple of months due to exceeded bandwidth, I'd personnally download the firmwares when possible from a reupload to ease the strain on their site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: though if it s important to go online for a game I would much rather buy it