Hacking CycloDS Evolution Review

FifthE1ement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cyclodsevoreview1ph9.jpg

I wan't real sure where to put this thread as there is no real CycloDS forum, but I have finished my CycloDS Evolution review! You can read the review from the link below and then discuss it in the comments section of the Moddz news post. This is the most detailed CycloDS Evolution review thus far, which includes high-res images, performance tests, a mini-guide, and more. Also this review provides results for the following performance tests: DS game performance, microSD memory performance, microSDHC support, DS Download Play compatibility, Clean ROM support, Slot 2 boot compatibility, Battery Life times, and more! Thanks to Team Cyclops for supplying us with the review sample.

FifthE1ement said:
While not revolutionary, the CycloDS Evolution takes every feature already released and makes it easier than ever thought possible. Everything about the device is clean, from the menu, to the support, and even the device itself. Team Cyclops made some impressive claims but delivered on all of them, plus some.
Read the Review

(Requires Registration, but its worth it!)

FifthE1ement
grog.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice review
smile.gif

You said Castlevania: POR doesn't freeze in the 1GB Sandisk? Most people have confirmed it freezing (here, and on the TC forums)

FifthE1ement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many have also said that it chugs during some of the intro movies, but I have tested the SanDisk 1GB, 2GB, and Ultra II which all devices preformed without fault. This is contrary to many reviews, but my results are solid as I did more testing then any of them. I am going by my test specifications and what devices I mentioned testing although some may have done more then they have admitted to. I also suspect some reviewers were just in a rush, which is why my review was released last but is very thought-out and detailed.

FifthE1ement
grog.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
COngrats, great review.

I wanna get a Cyclo Evolution now. Still I was wondering about the EZV, but your site doesn't show any review of that. Too bad.

FifthE1ement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, I am so busy that I have another reviewer on the EZV and Expansion pack review. I will also be doing a Exp pack review but I am leaving the EZV up to him. Check back for that review soon.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

FifthE1ement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, sorry sinkhead but you guys take to long
nyanya.gif
And Scorpei is just to busy as he hasn't even released his SC1 review bless his heart.

FifthE1ement
grog.gif

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nyanya.gif
And Scorpei is just to busy as he hasn't even released his SC1 review bless his heart.

FifthE1ement
grog.gif
Heh, you're right about me I guess... The Team were late sending out my samples, but I won't blame it on them because the rest of their support has been fantastic. It's due out in the next few days though!

Also, I'm banned from your site... Please can I be forgiven now? :'(
- Sam

FifthE1ement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nyanya.gif

FifthE1ement
grog.gif

Heh, you're right about me I guess... The Team were late sending out my samples, but I won't blame it on them because the rest of their support has been fantastic. It's due out in the next few days though!

- Sam
Done!

I definitely think the CycloDS is a great device as my G6DS Real has already died! The G6 team says mine was faulty from the start since it was too thick but I've only had it for a month or two and its now dead. Hopefully the new one will fair better.

FifthE1ement
grog.gif

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
nyanya.gif

FifthE1ement
grog.gif

- Sam
Done!

I definitely think the CycloDS is a great device as my G6DS Real has already died! The G6 team says mine was faulty from the start since it was too thick but I've only had it for a month or two and its now dead. Hopefully the new one will fair better.

FifthE1ement
grog.gif

I'm sorry to take this so off topic, but I was (literally) about to buy a G6 real when I read this post. I was just about to add one to my shopping cart
tongue.gif

could you give a short explanation of why/how it died?
smile.gif

FifthE1ement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nyanya.gif

FifthE1ement
grog.gif

- Sam

Done!

FifthE1ement
grog.gif

I'm sorry to take this so off topic, but I was (literally) about to buy a G6 real when I read this post. I was just about to add one to my shopping cart
tongue.gif

could you give a short explanation of why/how it died?
smile.gif
Well, take a look at my G6DS Real review at the same site in my sig and you'll find out that my device was defective due to it being "too" thick? I contacted the G6 team and that is the result they came up with but it was working for about a month and now just black screens. I don't know whether the thick PCB had anything to do with my issue but if you read my review you can find out more of the problems I was experiencing.

FifthE1ement
wacko.gif

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tongue.gif

could you give a short explanation of why/how it died?Â
smile.gif

Don't worry about one person having trouble with their cart. I've had my G6 Real for a couple weeks now and it's perfect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker. +1