CycloDS Evolution Review

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by FifthE1ement, Jun 28, 2007.

Jun 28, 2007

CycloDS Evolution Review by FifthE1ement at 6:52 AM (1,531 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. FifthE1ement
    OP

Member FifthE1ement GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    [​IMG]

I wan't real sure where to put this thread as there is no real CycloDS forum, but I have finished my CycloDS Evolution review! You can read the review from the link below and then discuss it in the comments section of the Moddz news post. This is the most detailed CycloDS Evolution review thus far, which includes high-res images, performance tests, a mini-guide, and more. Also this review provides results for the following performance tests: DS game performance, microSD memory performance, microSDHC support, DS Download Play compatibility, Clean ROM support, Slot 2 boot compatibility, Battery Life times, and more! Thanks to Team Cyclops for supplying us with the review sample.

Read the Review

(Requires Registration, but its worth it!)

FifthE1ement [​IMG]

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Nice review [​IMG]

You said Castlevania: POR doesn't freeze in the 1GB Sandisk? Most people have confirmed it freezing (here, and on the TC forums)

3. FifthE1ement
    OP

United States
    Many have also said that it chugs during some of the intro movies, but I have tested the SanDisk 1GB, 2GB, and Ultra II which all devices preformed without fault. This is contrary to many reviews, but my results are solid as I did more testing then any of them. I am going by my test specifications and what devices I mentioned testing although some may have done more then they have admitted to. I also suspect some reviewers were just in a rush, which is why my review was released last but is very thought-out and detailed.

FifthE1ement [​IMG]

4. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    COngrats, great review.

I wanna get a Cyclo Evolution now. Still I was wondering about the EZV, but your site doesn't show any review of that. Too bad.

5. FifthE1ement
    OP

United States
    Lol, I am so busy that I have another reviewer on the EZV and Expansion pack review. I will also be doing a Exp pack review but I am leaving the EZV up to him. Check back for that review soon.

FifthE1ement [​IMG]

6. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    What about Scorpei and Me? Do we not count?
    :'(

- Sam

7. FifthE1ement
    OP

United States
    Lol, sorry sinkhead but you guys take to long [​IMG] And Scorpei is just to busy as he hasn't even released his SC1 review bless his heart.

FifthE1ement [​IMG]

8. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    Heh, you're right about me I guess... The Team were late sending out my samples, but I won't blame it on them because the rest of their support has been fantastic. It's due out in the next few days though!

Also, I'm banned from your site... Please can I be forgiven now? :'(
    - Sam

9. FifthE1ement
    OP

United States
    Done!

I definitely think the CycloDS is a great device as my G6DS Real has already died! The G6 team says mine was faulty from the start since it was too thick but I've only had it for a month or two and its now dead. Hopefully the new one will fair better.

FifthE1ement [​IMG]

10. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    I'm sorry to take this so off topic, but I was (literally) about to buy a G6 real when I read this post. I was just about to add one to my shopping cart [​IMG]
    could you give a short explanation of why/how it died? [​IMG]

11. FifthE1ement
    OP

United States
    Well, take a look at my G6DS Real review at the same site in my sig and you'll find out that my device was defective due to it being "too" thick? I contacted the G6 team and that is the result they came up with but it was working for about a month and now just black screens. I don't know whether the thick PCB had anything to do with my issue but if you read my review you can find out more of the problems I was experiencing.

FifthE1ement [​IMG]

12. h8uthemost

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Don't worry about one person having trouble with their cart. I've had my G6 Real for a couple weeks now and it's perfect.