Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

CycloDS Evolution firmware v1.11 released

More fixes and features added

cyclods.gif
Team Cyclops have released the second official update for the CycloDS Evolution, bringing the firmware up to version 1.11. This new version fixes some recently discovered compatibility issues as well as a couple of new features. Read on to see what's new!
Team Cyclops said:
  * Autoload feature (runs autoload.nds at startup)

* Auto boot to Slot 2

* Resolved compatibility issues with games such as 1110, 1115 and 1127

* Fixed a bug in the cheat core which would result in some games hanging with a white screen if cheats were enabled

The reference manual will be updated to reflect the changes soon. In the meantime you can find more detailed information in this thread (http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166) on the Team Cyclops forums.
download.gif
Download from our Downloads Centre

stop_loading

Trophies
XP
Country
that's fast indeed

isnt that hard to review though? imagine they releasing a new firmware just right after the review's up

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They did this just for the review.
tongue.gif
Because after reading the thread announcing that GBAtemp got it, i remember reading alot about no autoboot... Now i see that they updated that
smile.gif

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Very smart. If I was designing a flash card, I'd cram all the features I want into it. After that, I'd take some out and release the card with the slightly crippled firmware, updating it like crazy right after release with the features I had already intended to put on the flash card initially to get that positive publicity "FAST UPDATES!" and after everyone notices and buys my card, I disappear with the cash, never to update my card again.

biggrin.gif

auggi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Very smart. If I was designing a flash card, I'd cram all the features I want into it. After that, I'd take some out and release the card with the slightly crippled firmware, updating it like crazy right after release with the features I had already intended to put on the flash card initially to get that positive publicity "FAST UPDATES!" and after everyone notices and buys my card, I disappear with the cash, never to update my card again.

biggrin.gif
There problems originate from: http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147
I dont think they where aware about this before
smile.gif

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

biggrin.gif

I would say you are wrong.

These problems was added to their forum: http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147
I dont think they where aware about this before
smile.gif

I wasn't trying to imply that this is what Team Cyclops was doing. I was just saying that that's what I would do, just because it's mean and nasty XD.

Öhr

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if they really do it for the review, then i guess they will read this post too
biggrin.gif

i hope that there will be a button(on the touchscreen in the main menu or an unused button on the ds) which can be used as a shortcut for homebrew or roms(via selectable path)
smile.gif

i hope realtimesave will be included soon as well as the screenshot capture function. those are very useful - will those also work for homebrew?

for now(if every feature listed on the site is 100% true) the cyclods evolution might be the best flashcard for now! i hope those sdhc cards will be cheaper soon, i need 4GB or better: 8GB
biggrin.gif

can't wait to get my sample for review!

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! The the autoboot and boot as passme features were added after my request! I'm so proud. Small features for sure, but it really impresses me that a flash kit company would add features like that (and so quickly) based on a user request. I'm buying a CycloDS for sure now. I'll still wait for the review just in case there's any hidden surprises, but sounds like a really solid card.

I'm curious whether the Enhanced Mode features are available in homebrew, as well. I guess we could just ask. Imagine that, being able to ask the manufacturers of a flash card a question and actually expecting that you'll get a prompt and honest answer!

...word is bondage...

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium

biggrin.gif

Sounds like WiiKey
tongue.gif

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

biggrin.gif

Sounds like WiiKey
tongue.gif

That's exactly what I was thinking after I finished typing it.

felix123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand

biggrin.gif

Conspiracy theory ftw
happy.gif

We'll judge their performance after the review.

Anyone tried a cyclo on a regular DS yet? I don't have a lite but want this cart...
There's no reason it will only work on a lite.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium

t3chvest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh nevermind, I read somewhere that specifically only said lite. Now that I look at a different portion of their website it says both. /slaps forehead

That's why I was confused, I couldn't possibly imagine why it would only be one and not the other.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only people who turn green need to see a doctor.