CycloDs Evolution Firmware 1.5 FINAL

tempBOT

The GBAtemp Robot
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
CycloDs Evolution Firmware 1.5 FINAL
Adds many new features such as batterysaver and enhanced GBA EZ-Flash connectivity.
cyclods.gif
Team Cyclops, makers of the popular CycloDS Evolution flashcart have released a new firmware.

Aside from small bug fixes and optimizations, the in-game text reader feature has been added, battery saver mode has been implemented, and GBA support (through the EZ-Flash 3 in 1 Expansion Pack or similar device) has been "dramatically improved".

* Added the in-game text reader feature
* Battery saver mode added
* An alternative folder layout for game saves and RTS files is now supported
* Configurable rumble strength though settings menu
* Fixes to the cheat code engine
* GBA support dramatically improved and moved out of BETA. Saving problems should now be resolved and the 1MBit save type is now supported without the need to manually patch games
* Classic NES Series GBA games are now supported
* Added "cycle skin" feature which is similar to the random skin feature, except that skins are cycled in order and are not chosen at random
* Game compatibility fixes (2906, 2949, 2436, 2472)
* Various other bug fixes and improvements

download.gif
Download from Team Cyclops
icon11.gif
Visit the CycloDS website

Contributed by Sir-Fritz
Edited by Sinkhead

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, Raika - Classical NES Series GBA games - it's GBA games, not as in NES games itself. NES games being ported into GBA games. So, yes, you still need Slot 2 device.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, good thing I refreshed first, I almost posted the same news.

YAY! Now I can play that Star Wars game. I really thought they were gonna make us wait all weekend to give us the update on Monday or something, glad they didn't make us wait.

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what's the battery saver do? will it allow you play games longer without draining the battery life too much or is it just to consume less power when the ds is in sleep mode?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
knoxvillz said:
what's the battery saver do? will it allow you play games longer without draining the battery life too much or is it just to consume less power when the ds is in sleep mode?

This is what they said a couple of beta's ago when they first added the feature:

We have added an EXPERIMENTAL battery saver mode which when enabled will allow
you reduce battery consumption, resulting in longer play times in-between
charges. The amount of additional play time varies depending on several factors
including the LCD backlight brightness, the condition of your NDS battery, the
game you are playing and your MicroSD card. The battery saver mode also will
significantly extend the amount of time your NDS will last if left in sleep mode.
For best results we suggest using a low LCD backlight setting - this should always
be done if you are concerned about battery consumption!

This feature is currently very experimental and we have been unable to thoroughly
test it with as many games as we would like. Although unlikely, it has the
potential to cause game compatibility issues. Due to these factors, at the current
time the feature is only accessible via the config.xml file. To enable the
experimental battery saver mode, please set the entry in the
config.xml file to 1.

Obviously, in 1.5F it is no longer experimental, but there is your explanation. As of 1.5b4 you can enable/disable it through the settings menu in the GUI and don't have to fiddle about in the xml file anymore. All I know is that I get roughly 3 more hours of playtime than I did without battery saver mode.....but I have a 2000mah battery in my DSL.

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So, besides both Chrono Trigger and Star Wars: Clone Wars now working, to revert back to another feature: Does Kingdom Hearts (GBA) play and save properly now with EZ-Flash 3-in-1 natively (no GBA ExpLoader)? Also, I just did my 500th post?!

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
xanth said:
What exactly is the "in game text reader?"
Ability to read the text files while running a game in the back!

Basically, yyou play a game, and then you're stuck somewhere, and don't know what to do, but you have a guide on your microSD card..So you bring up Cyclos in-game menu..Choose the text and read what to do next without exiting a game, when you're done, you get back to game!

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
xanth said:
What exactly is the "in game text reader?"
It allows you to place a .txt file (identically named as the ROM), and while playing, you can go to the in-game menu (Hold Y+X+B+A+L+R) and read the text should you need to refer to a quest, item list or whatever you put in. You can take GameFAQs guides and pop them in, or write or edit your own. I would highly recommend using LineBreaker beforehand to have the text fit, as it does not word wrap well at this time. From my experience, it is much better than SuperCard DS One's reader, except I don't believe you can color your guides (white background, black text).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@