CycloDS Evolution BETA Firmware vB.3 is out !

tempBOT

The GBAtemp Robot
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
CycloDS Evolution BETA Firmware vB.3 is out !
CycloDS Evolution BETA Firmware vB.3
QUOTE(Evolution;120965) said:
CycloDS Evolution BETA firmware vB.3 has been released for testing. Changes include:
  • Added text file viewer
  • Added option to show all file types in the file browser
  • Last played bookmark now shown in main menu bookmark mode
  • Old cheat prompt now supported when launching from main menu bookmark
  • Internal ROM name is now displaying correctly for homebrew
  • Tweak to ROM view in small icon mode (thanks Solanum)
  • Fixed problem preventing Stealth Mode being manually enabled
  • Maximum number of files per directory increased to 256
  • Changes to skin specification to support additional icon types for text file and unknown file
  • Various other GUI tweaks
  • Game compatibility fixes (DSi 0054, 4900, 4904, 4913, 4916)
For details on the new BETA firmware line, please see the original thread here.

Download the BETA HERE
Download the updated test skin HERE

NOTE: For 4913, if you have used an un-patched ROM on a previous firmware release then you must delete the old .sav file to disable the "protection triggered" flag.

Download
Source

Contributed by GH0ST

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Raven Darkheart said:
betas are not meant to be leaked publicly like this. reported
Uh ? that's weird ... I did not know ... even TC opened the forum for their betas to public.

I posted the file to filetrip with a big warning

QUOTEPlease note that you must use BETA software at your own risk. The BETA firmware builds may (and often will) have bugs and we can take no responsibility for any loss of data or other problems associated with using BETA firmware builds. Only proceed if you understand and accept the risks involved! However, in general the worst that can happen is that you may suffer some data corruption on your MicroSD card so as long as you backup your data you don't really have anything to worry about.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rubedo said:
4900 - Jam With the Band (E) DOES NOT WORK
It created an incorrect save size
Check your settings in "Manage Saves". Perhaps the save size is not set to automatic, or there's a bug. If you know which save size it needs, set it manually.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
Rubedo said:
4900 - Jam With the Band (E) DOES NOT WORK
It created an incorrect save size
Check your settings in "Manage Saves". Perhaps the save size is not set to automatic, or there's a bug. If you know which save size it needs, set it manually.

Tried it, doesn't work, still gives me a data load error.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
i just saw this
http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showpost....mp;postcount=15

Evolution said:
As has been pointed out, a problem remains with "Jam With the Band". This is a minor issue which is not related to the AP (which has been fixed) but rather, there is a small issue resulting in the default .sav file being created for this game with incorrect contents. As johnchan pointed out, the file should be filled with 0x00 bytes rather than 0xff bytes which it is now. We have removed the B.3 download link and will be uploading a new build shortly with this problem fixed. In the meantime, those of you who wish to begin playing this game immediately can use a hex editor to create a .sav file filled with 0x00's.

Rubedo, I understand that you are unhappy with the situation but your outburst was uncalled for and its made me rather annoyed. If it happens again you will no longer be welcome here.

so a new B.3 should be coming soon

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Amazing they release a Beta with almost all suggestions made on forum and some goodies ;-)

JAM WITH THE BAND is now fixed by the new version.

filetrip 11752-evo-firmware-BETA-B.3(v2)

QUOTE said:
We've uploaded a new build of B.3 with two small tweaks - the save file is now created correctly for "Jam With the Band" and DSx86 has been fixed. All posts relating to these issues have been removed. If you are having issues with either of these titles then please re-download the firmware linked above.

Ryupower you can remove your link since the quoted post was deleted ( #15 is no more so far... )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car