Cyclo sav files in supercard?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by zergslayer69, Mar 31, 2011.

Mar 31, 2011
  1. zergslayer69
    OP

Member zergslayer69 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So I used to be in the whole DS scene until maybe a year ago when I stopped messing with it and sold it all along with my old cyclo evods. I just picked up a 3DS and am hearing lots of good things about the supercard dstwo. I wanted to just get another cyclo ievo but I'm curious about this whole emulation thing done in the flash cart but I have a TON of .savs created from my cyclo.

Can I just copy them over and have the supercard read it?

Also, does the supercard have a built in cheat system? (may as well ask since I'm already asking questions)

2. Jugarina

Member Jugarina GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I can't answer the first question because I don't have any of the cyclo cards but the Supercard DSTWO does have a built in cheat system.

3. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    It should work.

Shunyweb converter lists Cyclo and Supercard in the same format [​IMG]

4. zergslayer69
    OP

United States
    Sweet thanks for the fast replies. So what exactly are the pros of paying extra for a cyclo then since the super card has a built in CPU? I know there's a FAQ written buy I figure if anybody has ever messed with the cyclo and a super card do share your experiences!

5. Jugarina

United States
    Well the new Cyclo has DSi mode and the Dstwo doesn't. What that doe's exactly I am not sure about because I only own a Dslite so It doesn't matter to me. I think It lets the DSi handhelds be able to use more power from the hardware.

6. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    you can access the faster cpu i believe as well as a bit more RAM when in DSi mode, however for commercial games, most dumps don't have the DSi extra stuff, and i think i remember hearing that the compatibility with correctly dumped DSi games sucks anyway (i mean the DSi features, not that it runs or not)

the SD card slot currently cannot be accessed at all by the iEvo, however i think it can get to the cameras

iEvo also has a dsi compatibility mode for homebrew that is supposed to run faster, however it's kind of buggy. Homebrew needs to be recompiled with the newest versions of the various libraries to take advantage of DSi mode (not the compatibility mode)

plus not many games used the dsi anyway

for the dstwo, it has a cpu built into it and supposed dsi compatibility would be possible in the future (although not any time soon, the supercard team seems focused on the 3ds)

dstwo has a gba emulator that works decently well and a SNES emulator that's better than snesmulds, it can also play videos without the need for converting them to dpg

7. zergslayer69
    OP

United States
    Seems like I'm sold with the dstwo's snes ability. How does it emulate stuff like starfox and the most demanding snes titles? That'll probably seal the deal for me.

8. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

With CATSFC it does but it is too slow to be very playable. The dev is working on automatic speedhacks (like SnemulDS, no snesadvance.dat needed) but is having some problems getting it to work right.

9. Jugarina

United States
    Struggles with Starfox at low fps (clipping) because that game cart had a special chip in It.

The only way to make It play at normal speed that I know of is with the sound off in fast forward mode but It's not really enjoyable without sound.

10. zergslayer69
    OP

United States
    Hmm, but for every single other 2D game like megaman, super mario world, etc, they all run at full speed right? Or is it close to full speed?

Edit: Also, when in SNES mode on a 3DS, does the game stretch to fit as much as possible? (with black bars of course)

11. Jugarina

United States
    Most of the one's I have played where fully playable running at good fps and enjoyable. I highly recommend the card It is my favorite one I have.

I don't have a 3DS but I watched a video of someone playing super punch-out on Cat's with It and It looked just as you described.

12. zergslayer69
    OP

United States
    Alright, guess I'll try out the supercard. Been a long time fan of the cyclo but I think the supercard does what I personally want out of a flash cart. Thanks a bunch guys!