Hacking Cyclo Ds vs M3 Lite Perfect

montrealmike

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone, I am a total newb to this and have been searching many forums for imforation. I am totally undecided between the Cyclo Ds & M3 Lite Perfect. My main use will be for DS Roms, movies, music. The SDHC is important to me. I do not care too much about game boy advanced. The 33% failure ratio does not bother me on the Cyclo because I have a local dealer. Please convince me on why I should or shouldn't buy either the Cyclo DS or the M3 Lite Perfect. Also I do not understand why i need the passcard in the m3 lite perfect bundle is someone could please explain that. Thanks in advance.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Get the CycloDS Evo. No explanations needed. Instead of comparing the M3 Lite, the reasonable comparison would be the M3DS Real.

EDIT: The passcard is needed cause the M3 Lite is a Slot-2 (GBA Slot card). Where the CycloDS Evo is a Slot-1 (NDS Slot) card.

Also, the CycloDS's new BETA firmware has Real Time Saving.

EDIT2: Hmm... didn't clarify between the two, but the DOA rate was what made me think of the Evo.

diglett

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you did mean the M3 Perfect Lite, I have one and would not recommend it. It was a good card at the time, but it requires you to patch roms and the interface is ugly and very slow. The strong point is GBA compatibility which you said you do not need.

My personal opinion is that the Evo is the best DS card available currently. Also I am sure that they have serious quality problems, but I doubt that the failure rate is as high as a third.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, explain the procesa