Cyclo DS vs Acekard?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ~~Tito~~, Apr 26, 2009.

Apr 26, 2009

Cyclo DS vs Acekard? by ~~Tito~~ at 9:41 PM (978 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. ~~Tito~~
    OP

Newcomer ~~Tito~~ Advanced Member

United States
    If I get the DS Lite which would be better suited for me? Cyclo DS Evolution or a Acekard 2?

If I get a DSi(Which I would want to get since it has virtual console and better specs) What would be better in all the available DSi flash carts?

My Needs:
    *** = Must have, ** = want but is not as important, * = If it has it then its a bonus
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *** Homebrew

*** ROM Support

*** SAV's go in the Micro SD

*** $20 - $45

*** Good Build quality

*** 100% Download play/ WFC support.

** User friendly

** Good UI

** Skinable

** Cheat's

* Spring loaded ds slot

* Loads of features

2. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Pretty much every card out there has all the features you listed. The only flashcart I know of with a spring loaded Micro SD slot is the AceKard. Anyways, the best one for the Lite is probably the CycloDS Evolution. For the DSi you have a few choices: Acekard2i is the popular one since it was the first one that came out and supports third party firmware like AKAIO. M3, which is one of the top tier brands, is coming out with their budget cart called iTouch2. Somewhere down the line Team Cyclops is probably going to release their CycloDSi, but who knows when.

3. Golin

Member Golin GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Get the M3 DS Real.

4. Briankealing

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah, cause the company that gives Moonlight, creator of moonshell, an unstable mental status, is a great company to buy from. /sarcasm.

The Acekard does everything listed and the spring-loaded slot is gone. It also has a top-notch build quality (new).

Get the Acekard. It's a better GUI than the Cyclo, cheaper, works better, and has AKAIO.

5. ~~Tito~~
    OP

Newcomer ~~Tito~~ Advanced Member

United States
    Cool, thanks. Hmmm, now I need money to get a DS Lite or DSi(I have neither, but I did have a Lite), and money to get the acekard2(i).

6. Golin

Member Golin GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't see how that relates to getting a cheaper and better quality flash cartridge. I mean unless you want to bring ethics into this... but then again you're getting a flash cartridge with the intent to play ROMs. So you have no argument unless you're a hypocrite.