Hacking Cyclo DS Evolution is finally on DX!

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've already got mine Cyclo DS Evolution.

But I just wanted to share with you their on DealExtreme.com right now!

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29384

They are not really expensive or something, if this is what you think.
You pay for what you will get.

A Cyclo DS Evolution.

If you never smelled their software updates, possibilities, really fast rom fixes (If needed.), DSi rom support for DS Phat/Lite, and so many more!
Than you may be afraid of the price a little, but you sure can trust Team Cyclo.

I enjoy this flashcart more than the R4 and EDGE. (I could use and test them by friends.)

Though, it doesn't autoboot.
But...

To make it kinda autoboot you have two free options:

(I've ever made with a old cam.)

(edit, Don't go blame me about stuff like, "Madface, just remove the battery and insert it again!" I know, and I noted in the movie, I'm gonna update it soon.)

Or install a FlashMe.

Greets,
Adr990

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just keep my Lite on Automatic...
rolleyes.gif

eldaddio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Last time DX tried to sell the Cyclo they couldn't meet the demand - something to do with a dispute between them and the suppliers, though I think team cyclops said they were talking rubbish!

Anyway, all orders were cancelled back then. It seems to be a bit more pricey this time, so maybe it's a more realistic offer.

Nonuser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, from what I've heard (sorry if I'm mistaken) that the developers of CycloDS provide excellent support to their product with frequent updates and all that.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last time Deal Extreme had CycloDS, it was taken off after only a few weeks or so. But it wasn't because the demand was too high for supply. It was because they were selling the thing at like $30. Team Cyclops cut their shipments because they were selling the card for too low of a price. It was bad for the competitors and such. So they stopped carrying them. Now it's $47.

At any rate, CycloDS isn't really worth it anymore. Many of the features are on much cheaper cards and the thing never came out with a DSi compatible version, one of the only current gen cards not to have compatibility with the device. They need to step it up if they want to keep their dominance, and also lower their prices. When I have the choice of two cards that are $13 and $47 respectively, i'd go with the $13 one. If it was still supported that is. And i'd still have money left over to get a microSD.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
granville said:
The last time Deal Extreme had CycloDS, it was taken off after only a few weeks or so. But it wasn't because the demand was too high for supply. It was because they were selling the thing at like $30. Team Cyclops cut their shipments because they were selling the card for too low of a price. It was bad for the competitors and such. So they stopped carrying them. Now it's $47.

At any rate, CycloDS isn't really worth it anymore. Many of the features are on much cheaper cards and the thing never came out with a DSi compatible version, one of the only current gen cards not to have compatibility with the device. They need to step it up if they want to keep their dominance, and also lower their prices. When I have the choice of two cards that are $13 and $47 respectively, i'd go with the $13 one. If it was still supported that is. And i'd still have money left over to get a microSD.
THIS.

Man, 31€ for a freaking flashcard? Are we kidding? They're not even updating it that often anymore.

We're always talking about a flashcard team and they might disappear anytime. I'm not gonna spend that much on a Flashcard.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
They are updating often, still. And more than any flashcards.

But in Beta Firmwares.

Plus, they have the best compitablity for GTA China Town wars.
And do play DSi Roms.
smile.gif

And do read in game Text. (To read a quide, cheat etc.)
Now, some card do have RTS, but Cyclo DS RTS still seems to be the best, I read.
And some more stuff, plus button combination options.
Let me call one thing:
L+R on boot = boot the last file you did run before shut off. (Homebrew, GBA, NDS)
biggrin.gif

And some more.

They are busy on a great GUI update, so there will be much more option soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte