FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I recently got a cheat engine to use cheats for a few games. Not all of them but I do enjoy using cheats for a few games. Now I am not sure if I did something wrong or if it can be fixed so I will only post the problems.

Star Wars Battlefront II- Infinite Health, Stamina, Max Points/Kills. Do not work. Also when using max reinforcements it gives the reinforcements to the enemy....
Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core- I seem to forget but some codes seem to glitch it. This I understand so I guess it isn't worth mentioning.
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker- Some items and weapon codes don't work. Well they do but they totally corrupt the system. In fact none of the games work properly with the cheats. I am yet to find a game that works fine with any cheat.

Now don't go judging me because some people have different ways of enjoying games. I don't use cheats alot but I like the usuall max stats, weapons, item codes. I am just wondering if I did something wrong though. I can't check plugins right now but could I possibly be missing a plugin? I only have two options related to CWCheat I think and I enabled them. Also I may have had CheatMaster before this (used memory stick I did not know until I got a PSP usb) so could it be affecting CWCheat? I know I removed it but I may not have removed it properly. Anyways give me your thoughts.

Does CheatMaster work better? Well give me your thoughts. Don't want to sound like a total n00b but I guess I am

FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's been preformatted. It does not have anything to do with the MS. (I hope) I am'going to delete all plugins and redo it. Either that or I am missing the GAME150 plugin for CWC... I don't know I'm confused...

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I played FF VII CC with cheat codes and I finished it without problems.
MGS PW - I use Inf bullets, inf item usage, 100% camouflage, All ZEKE AI, etc and the game works just fine.

It could be your ISOS, try another ISO from different source.
I think Cwcheat is the best, CheatMasterFusion is good (work faster) for making codes.

FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
... guess its just me
frown.gif

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
It could also be your firmware. 5.50 GEN-D3 (with or without prometheus) is bad for making and using cheats. 5.00 M33 without the m33_620 plugin is the best solution for using cheats.

Why? The plugins and patches that allow the 6.xx games to work mess around with how the game is allocated in memory and breaks some cheat compatibility (while it isn't high I have noticed a few problems).

How do I know that it's 5.50 GEN-D3's fault and not 5.00 M33? Well If I test a problem code on 5.00 M33, 5.50 GEN-D3 and 6.20 the only firmware the problem code won't work on is 6.20. For example GTA: LCS and GTA: VCS moonjump codes don't work on 5.50 GEN, Gran Turismo day modifier and money codes (?) don't work on 5.50 GEN (or CMF for that matter).

While this may not be the cause of your problem and some of the games you mentioned won't even run on 5.00 M33 it may still be of use to others.

The other possible reason as suggested by others are that you are using a touched ISO. Compressed, ripped, re-packed ISOs etc. can also cause memory to shift. It could also be some other game mode plugins you have enabled causing the problem (if you have any game mode plugins active).

The last thing that it could possible be is broken codes which (assuming you are using the GBAtemp cheat database) is because no-one seems to report any problem codes on the cheat forum so when I eventually realize a code is broken no-one is even playing the game anymore.
dry.gif

EDIT: Changing to a different cheat device almost definitely will NOT solve your problems.

FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I been too busy to change or mess with it but it still has problems. I am not sure if CMF will give me better results though...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to