Homebrew Custom Theme Thread

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I decided to update my Pokemon XY&Z theme with the opening of the new season which started yesterday. I also changed the border colors to match the folders.

Pokemon XY&Z (v2):

XE2juMm.jpg

BGM: "XY&Z" by Satoshi (Rika Matsumoto)

Download link:

https://mega.nz/#!oNlh3YaD!4hDCV8hDW3CEZO-RF8dI-20lSH_9LBTZUPB1ut8mfVo

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can someone help me?

I have the .wav file, I drag it to Yata+ (newest version), click on auto convert to .bcstm, it converts normally and I get a 3.13MB file (which is not too big, max is 3.33). But the problem is, the file can't be installed together with the theme for some reason, and my 3DS just keeps giving the the default music with my theme. So I tried to use Yata+ again, but this time to extract the .wav from the .bcstm file, and for some reason I ended up with a twice as large file, with the song repeating twice when I played it in Audacity. So, does anyone have any idea what's going on here? This is the second theme I made today, and the first one didn't have any problems.

Here's the .wav file I used: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/5cz285zc8kaqbu3/butter-fly.wav

Can anyone make a working .bcstm file for me and explain me what am I doing wrong?

Naru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guam
Can someone help me?

I have the .wav file, I drag it to Yata+ (newest version), click on auto convert to .bcstm, it converts normally and I get a 3.13MB file (which is not too big, max is 3.33). But the problem is, the file can't be installed together with the theme for some reason, and my 3DS just keeps giving the the default music with my theme. So I tried to use Yata+ again, but this time to extract the .wav from the .bcstm file, and for some reason I ended up with a twice as large file, with the song repeating twice when I played it in Audacity. So, does anyone have any idea what's going on here? This is the second theme I made today, and the first one didn't have any problems.

Here's the .wav file I used: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/5cz285zc8kaqbu3/butter-fly.wav

Can anyone make a working .bcstm file for me and explain me what am I doing wrong?

I'm not too sure about this, but I think the .wav file you converted is just too big to for the 3ds to play. I've experienced this in the past, but in your case it might be just more than that.

What I did to solve my problem was to shorten the length of the .wav file before converting to .bcstm, just sharing my experience.

Last edited by Naru,
Reactions: Lycan911

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to search custom theme on that site linked on OP? Seems like search function is broken on that site. I am looking for Dragon Ball theme.

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Isn't 3.13MB smaller than 3.33MB? Or was that just a typo? Or do I understand nothing of how file sizes work?
3.13 is smaller than 3.33, so it should be fine.
I'm not too sure about this, but I think the .wav file you converted is just too big to for the 3ds to play. I've experienced this in the past, but in your case it might be just more than that.

What I did to solve my problem was to shorten the length of the .wav file before converting to .bcstm. Not too sure about yours, just sharing my experience.
But it's weird, almost all of my themes have bgms of that length (~1:30) and size (~10-11MBs as WAV and ~3.2MBs as BCSTM), so I don't really think that's the problem.

Last edited by Lycan911,
Reactions: Naru

Septimo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to search custom theme on that site linked on OP? Seems like search function is broken on that site. I am looking for Dragon Ball theme.

I haven't uploaded anything or used the site in quite some time, but I made a Dragon Ball themeba while back. Check it out, if you'd like.

I bring you this Dragon Ball theme complete with sound effects, BGM, and folders.

j80XAkN.gif

If you notice, the bottom screen is themed after the dragon ball radar complete with scrolling and cursor sound effects. If you scroll, it looks and sounds like you're tracking dragon balls! think it's pretty neat! The BGM is an instrumental version of Makafushigi Adventure!

Enjoy!

https://mega.nz/#!dQVQWDSZ!NjVWbjoRKZyQ5WiHqHsgJUqNwZVy_6COC-uV8-VACjc

Last edited by Septimo,
Reactions: tivu100

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone still taking requests and can make a theme with this image please?
8F8B75C9-6FBF-40CD-9832-693307909405_zpsfqpxghyj.jpg
Same color on bottom panel with darker blue around icons if possible? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Is anyone still taking requests and can make a theme with this image please?
8F8B75C9-6FBF-40CD-9832-693307909405_zpsfqpxghyj.jpg
Same color on bottom panel with darker blue around icons if possible? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

I can try take your request. if you can give me more "setting" for color, folder,icon, BGM i can try.

--------------------------------------​

I post a new theme ;)
HNI_0036.JPG

The music is Sayonara no mae ni -「さよならの前に」 (Before the Goodbye) by AAA

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just finished watching Steins;Gate, and thought that these two frames from the last episode had to become a 3DS theme xD The theme is nothing special, pretty much just the wallpapers and the song, I'll probably come back to this theme someday to make it a bit more awesome.

Steins;Gate:

OOaiOUd.jpg

BGM:

Download link:

https://mega.nz/#!UM0iFZbC!SvnnBfCW4khF7LhL_Laqh7bVqfud6wbluJ6S1bA9VJs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ