Homebrew Custom Theme Thread

CocoTheFilly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whew! This one took a lot of work, made a lot from scratch, but I love it.

It plays the Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal National Park theme too

3oBz4H5.jpg

http://3dsthemes.com/search/Sort:User CocoTheFilly

zetterburn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would anyone mind helping me finish up a custom theme? I have everything working aside from the CWAV file for cursor sfx, and bgm that loops properly. I have the wav files already made and can link them in PM if anyone wants to help.

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by Lycan911,
Reactions: chrisluna413

ketal

aiueo
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Theme title: Kantai Collection
BGM: 加賀岬
Sound effects used: Cursor, create/delete folder, open application (Fubuki: 出撃です! [translation: Sortieing!]), close application (Fubuki: おやすみなさい。 [tr.: good night]), console booting (Yuudachi: 艦隊が戻って来たっぽい? [tr.: Seems like, the fleet came back?])
Preview:
upload_2015-8-21_19-18-44.jpeg

Available on 3dsthemes.com
--- Compatible with CHMM, NO PREVIEW FILES INCLUDED IN THE ARCHIVE due to 3dsthemes.com limitations ---

Septimo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use someone else's theme as a basis for your own theme, you should credit the original creator when you upload it.
For example there are two themes that have used my themes as the base. One of them credits me, but the other one doesn’t.

It’s kind of annoying to spend a lot of time creating a theme and then someone simply downloads it, makes one or two changes and then uploads it like they have made the entire theme.

I completely agree. Someone used my Clannad Dango theme and just changed the BGM and top/bottom screens, leaving all the custom sound effects and palette I worked on. At the end of the day, we're all using someone's work to create these themes, so it I don't really mind if someone uses my themes to work off of. I would appreciate if they credited the original creator, though. :)

drgoku282

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I made my first attempt to create a theme based in my favorite pokemon, it's uploaded in 3dsthemes under the name Minimalist Gardevoir. I hope you guys like it.

http://3dsthemes.com/search/Sort:User drgoku282

TARTB2q.jpg

Top image comes from here and the bottom one from here. The BGM is a small modification of this one:

On my first attempts the theme didn't get installed due big bgm (3.2 MB) I changed the sample rate to 16000 Hz and not too much quality was lost. I'll try to play with the colors later but I liked the default 3ds color for this theme.

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, I may need some help. I've been trying for a couple of days, but I can't install themes.
I made sure to use a basic theme, I put my bgm.bcstm & body_LZ.bin files in the "3ds_homemenu_extdatatool" folder, I use the tool to use the options (in order) "Enable persistent theme-cache" and "Copy theme-data from sd to extdata"; but every time, it gives me the error:
Code:
Skipping copying of body-data since the size field is zero.
Skipping copying of bgm-data since the size field is zero.
I can't figure it out, so I'd greatly appreciate it if someone can help me out.
I'm using Ironhax on an old 3DSXL 9.9, if that's important.

Thanks in advance! :)

piplupwater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I may need some help. I've been trying for a couple of days, but I can't install themes.
I made sure to use a basic theme, I put my bgm.bcstm & body_LZ.bin files in the "3ds_homemenu_extdatatool" folder, I use the tool to use the options (in order) "Enable persistent theme-cache" and "Copy theme-data from sd to extdata"; but every time, it gives me the error:
Code:
Skipping copying of body-data since the size field is zero.
Skipping copying of bgm-data since the size field is zero.
I can't figure it out, so I'd greatly appreciate it if someone can help me out.
Thanks in advance! :)
use this for themes instead its a lot more convenient
https://gbatemp.net/threads/chmm-custom-homemenu-manager.379349/

hkitsune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made a Secret of Mana theme. I kind of consider it in beta, as folder colors are a bit weird (they don't seem to behave in YATA+), but it still looks pretty nice.

I started making it before the other Secret of Mana theme was uploaded to 3DSThemes, but I think mine is better overall.

Utilizes custom music:

Utilizes custom SFX from the game (high quality, too) for moving the cursor, launching a game, creating and deleting folders. Has a couple other sounds but they don't appear to be used by the 3DS(?)

Preview Image:
7uSfzGJ.png

Theme replaces Icon Borders, the bottom screen background scrolls as you change pages (god I wish i could make it scroll at all times like the game's menu, but this is close enough for now). Colors themed after the default borders of the game's text-boxes (didn't base it off of the inner box 'cause one cannot emulate that checkerbox look), and the cursor is reminiscent of Randi's ring menu cursor.

Download on 3DSThemes

Last edited by hkitsune,

MidLevelCrisis

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dunno if this has been asked, long thread.. but since Collectible badge center allows you to change the folder Icons, is there any way we could use them in our custom themes? Provided someone dumps them from their JAP 3ds? Or do they require the JAP firmware to be recognized? Has anyone tried?

If not, is there a way to change the folder shape? I assume it uses an alpha or some kind of mask.

Last edited by MidLevelCrisis,

Deleted member 370594

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
11908092_10205116231166330_1378989827_n.jpg

My pallet town theme that I made. . Complete with awesomely-looped pallet thown background music and some kanto screenshots

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

11903369_10205116257806996_1385825592_n.jpg

My awesome Harry POtter theme with background music <3 I didnt know how but the bottom screen only had one picture but it still losk awesome.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ixhlcu1cnj5cga/Harry Potter.zip?dl=0

FOr some reason i cant upload the Harry Potter theme

Attachments

• Pallet Town.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 114

Type-Delta.X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Guilty crown theme on my 3ds page:http://3dsthemes.com/search/Sort:User Pieced its my best ver. yet.It includes the BGM named Krone from the official soundtrack.Also, it has 3 images on the bottom screen even though it isn't showing,I didn't customize the folders because I was too lazy but I used the ones from another theme.The borders are brown.
Preview.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...