Homebrew Custom Theme Thread

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I found this Earthbound theme on that ISO site, and I decided to improve it a bit by adding SFX. I'm kinda nervous about releasing this since it's not really entirely my work, as all I did was take an existing theme and add SFX to it.

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
If you meant me, sure I'll attach my BCSTM to my post :o

I'm 100% sure I made the BCSTM correctly though because it plays on my 3DS with a little "trick":

What works:

Downloading a theme with music and replacing the theme's bgm.bcstm with my own, the music plays then and loops.

What doesn't work:

Making a theme from scratch with YATA+, the theme itself gets applied properly with the bgm.bcstm but the music simply won't play if I use my own theme.

Okay got the same problem might be a Yata+ problems then.
Cause my template theme (those I will release in few mins I prefere check everythings before)
I tried the following :
Yata + -> new
I imported all my pictures.
I tick all option to load colors and music.
And save.
Reloaded my theme to check everything was there.
And it was.
But on 3ds no music is playing.

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I really like the look of this theme, but the body_LZ.bin is 0 bytes in the download. Can it get a re-upload/fix?
The site isnt working well to download and to upload new themes. you cant download full files and Im not able to upload new themes because I get an error.
I hope they fix it soon

CrystalForce

I'm gonna "fix" that spaghetti.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I found this Earthbound theme on that ISO site, and I decided to improve it a bit by adding SFX. I'm kinda nervous about releasing this since it's not really entirely my work, as all I did was take an existing theme and add SFX to it.
I don't know if you can, but there is one theme up that did just that. Also a few more themes that are exact rips but the themes are bad enough in the first place that no one noticed.

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is exactly what I don't understand! I have the standard theme, before installing the custom one!

Okay that's strange then, how big is the BCSTM?

Okay got the same problem might be a Yata+ problems then.
Cause my template theme (those I will release in few mins I prefere check everythings before)
I tried the following :
Yata + -> new
I imported all my pictures.
I tick all option to load colors and music.
And save.
Reloaded my theme to check everything was there.
And it was.
But on 3ds no music is playing.

Hmm yeah seems like it is a YATA+ problem then, are there any other theming apps?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Okay that's strange then, how big is the BCSTM?

Hmm yeah seems like it is a YATA+ problem then, are there any other theming apps?
There are, but trust me, YATA+ is by far the best! Try dumping a theme with music from your 3DS, then modify that with YATA+!

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
For those who want or need i made two theme with "better" picture than the one offered by Yata if you want to make Scrollable & Flipbook theme :

FlipBook & none Theme :
Preview.png

It will cycle from 1 to 3 :)
And the upper stay in place.
Check the scroll theme for scroll.

Scroll theme :
Preview.png

With that you can make theme that show and bust and head and legs and all easier with the ruler that is calibrated (with no pixel tolerance and you can see in preview)

To get theme just search "4Themers" in 3Ds Themes or click here this.

For Raw picture you can take this link :
Template picture for Theme Makers.
If @exelix11 want to take these Template for YATA+ feel free to as it's been made to help :)
And for all if you want to use theme aswell feel free ;)

PS: Template_None_Bottom.png isn't included in any of my theme cause YATA+ Have already proper picture for that.

Reactions: exelix11

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey guys, i have a problem. The picture for the top display has by me 512x256. When I click on "simulation", the picture is not in the middle but its going to the right. How can I fix it? When I'm changing the resolution, the screen can't show up the picture.

Rosenakahara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uh hey so i have a problem, all the themes i have bought were ones with set BGMs (the zelda one, metroid, smash bros etc.) and whenever i try to overwrite them it says it failed, this is with premade customs btw.
Whats worse is that while the theme will persist it wont be recognized in the theme menu like i saw with other people so if i change it the theme will dissapear. and i have to re-do the process to get it back

kirbycarr2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone make a custom Kirby Right Back At 'Ya! Theme with the full English dub theme song? Custom sound effects would be cool, but no sound effects would be fine too. Could it be uploaded to 3dsthemes.com too? Please and thanks in advance for anyone willing to do this!

khlover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay I can confirm that my bgm.bcstm works when I use it with another custom theme. I'll go error hunting within YATA+ now. I have checked "Use SFX" even though I don't use any, so that'll be the first thing I try.

EDIT: It works now! So yeah - don't check the "Use SFX" box if you don't actually use any SFX with YATA+!!!

Last edited by khlover,
Reactions: SkyDX

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay I can confirm that my bgm.bcstm works when I use it with another custom theme. I'll go error hunting within YATA+ now. I have checked "Use SFX" even though I don't use any, so that'll be the first thing I try.

EDIT: It works now! So yeah - don't check the "Use SFX" box if you don't actually use any SFX with YATA+!!!

Ohh that explains my issue too, thanks for figuring this one out! :)

khlover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ohh that explains my issue too, thanks for figuring this one out! :)
This has been driving me crazy and I've been wrecking my brain over it during work all day. I'm just glad to have a working custom theme of my own now :D
Actually it also has been your post that using the bgm.bcstm you created works with another custom theme that brought me on the right track, all other discussion so far had been about the file itself only. So in a way it's actually me who should thank you.

Thank You :D

Mauste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here is my latest theme. Bastion is one my favourite games, so I thought it needed its own 3DS theme. I decided to use the button overlay I made for my Wind Waker theme because it fit very well.

6T1AHqk.png

Background Music:
Bastion OST - From Wharf to Wilds (perfect loop)

Several sound effects from Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Download from www.3dsthemes.com!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, gonna block you for real if you keep being like that
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well.... Go ahead my "friend". If it makes you happy :mellow:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Really, blocking him will only hurt you, we will see his messages, but you wont
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, ok i'm not blocking him
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You just got to have thick skin and ignore people online if you don't agree or dislike. The internet is full of clowns.
    +2
    and an 👴 just having fun.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the beach
    Cool :D Wait :unsure::unsure::unsure: Did you say Bleach? :O
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, without the l
    +1
    Enjoy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Enjoy wacking yourself off, old man?
    +1
    Always :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Man bought a $20 a gauge at Amazon that was all fancy digital went to hook it up did t detect shit, then went back and bought an analog worked right away
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 Happens all the time when ordering these iffy things
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    watching xbox direct but the feed keeps getting dc'd, oh well
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    back to MH rise
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's AC Pro which is reputable but more a reason why I don't trust digital in cars
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's AC Pro which is reputable but more a reason why I don't trust digital in cars