Results are only viewable after voting.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But Triangle Triforce Trifecta Triple Triad (that tactics game) doesn't work on SX so the internet agreed it's now shit, right?

I personally don’t think SXOS is shit. I still run 3.1.0b, in dual boot mode, and I’ve converted a significant part of my stash to XCI* but I’m nowhere near finished.

SXOS Haters, don’t look here

*- only those requiring 11.0.0 or below of course.

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX OS boots because the BCPKG2 partition is FW11.0.0.
No one said otherwise, you're giving information people already know. The fact remains people have spoofed running SXOS on 11.0.1. Spoofed. As said before nothing else ever came from it.

Bringing this back full circle. Will updating sysNAND to 11.0.1 break SX? No. Will updating sysNAND to 12.0.2 or above break SX? If you are on Mariko yes. The only update that completely killed SX compatibility for Mariko was 12.0.2.

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the conventional way...it will
You're purposely going in circles. What part of only 12.0.2 breaks SX compatibility on v2 units are you having difficulty understanding? Having a sysNAND on 11.0.1 on any Switch has never stopped an SX emuNAND on 11.0.0 from working, and as far as Eristas go it will always continue to work. Only v2 units completely break when updating to 12.0.2.

Firmware 12.0.2 is live
Do not update until further notice. This update does break Atmosphere.
Package1 has been updated, and they burnt a fuse.
SX users: Anything requiring 11.0.1+ can still be ignored/bypassed for the time being.
Do not update sysNAND to 12.0.2. This will break emuNAND!
Edit: Let me clarify something.
Updating sysNAND on Erista(v1) consoles is completely fine. The emuNAND will still work.
Updating sysNAND on Mariko/Lite(v2) consoles will break the emuNAND.
Anyone that was on their Discord would remember that post. V2 users had to decide whether to update to keep playing online while permanently migrating SX to Atmosphere or not update and stay offline forever. There are plenty of posts of users picking to not update their Mariko sysNAND past 11.0.1 and instead choosing to buy another Switch for online play (I bet most of those ended up with an OLED).

Last edited by raging_chaos,

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally don’t think SXOS is shit. I still run 3.1.0b, in dual boot mode, and I’ve converted a significant part of my stash to XCI* but I’m nowhere near finished.

SXOS Haters, don’t look here

*- only those requiring 11.0.0 or below of course.
I'm on SX with 11 myself. I'm too lazy to jump over yet.

angrynewraze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol? Bullshit. Sx os doesn't work on higher firmwares. Doesn't matter if you use emuMMC or sysMMC. And by the way, sx os also doesn't work on 11.0.1 ;)
Actually what your saying is complete bullshit bc on a previous switch I had emunand on 11.0(sxos) and sysnand on 12.1 and sxos still booted just fine. But in order to do the initial full boot of sxos I had to downgrade the sysnand to 11.0 but after the initial full boot of sxos and sxos had been running for a while I upgraded sysnand back to newest 12 update at the time and sxos still booted just fine

Last edited by angrynewraze,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually what your saying is complete bullshit bc on a previous switch I had emunand on 11.0(sxos) and sysnand on 12.1 and sxos still booted just fine. But in order to do the initial full boot of sxos I had to downgrade the sysnand to 11.0 but after the initial full boot of sxos and sxos had been running for a while I upgraded sysnand back to newest 12 update at the time and sxos still booted just fine

Note that this is from my experience with my V1 switch. Maybe V2 is different?

e: Mariko is absolutely different. Do not upgrade Sysnand to 12.0.2+ on Mariko.

if you are on Erista…
You can absolutely upgrade your Sysnand to 14.1.1 and subsequently install SXOS (at any time you please) on an Emunand downgraded to 11.0.0. The two *nands and completely decoupled. If you had any issues with installing on your 11.0.0 Emunand it will have been unrelated to what was on your Sysnand.

Last edited by binkinator,

tlfrance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello. I'm using Atmosphere-Vs-Sxos bootloader with emunand for sxos & Atmosphere under 11.0.0. I would like to upgrade Atmosphere to 1.2.5 version. But fusee-primary no longer exists in atmo version > 1.0 , but "Atmosphere-Vs-Sxos" seems to boot only on fusee-primary.bin only.

@Jonoxley : Is there already planned "Atmosphere-Vs-Sxos" upgrade for latest Atmosphere version support?
Thank you for your great job

tlfrance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello. I'm using Atmosphere-Vs-Sxos bootloader with emunand for sxos & Atmosphere under 11.0.0. I would like to upgrade Atmosphere to 1.2.5 version. But fusee-primary no longer exists in atmo version > 1.0 , but "Atmosphere-Vs-Sxos" seems to boot only on fusee-primary.bin only.

@Jonoxley : Is there already planned "Atmosphere-Vs-Sxos" upgrade for latest Atmosphere version support?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I’m confused a bit here. Atmos-vs-SXOS uses the SXOS boot binary rather than anything to do with Atmosphere. Since SXOS will never upgrade past 11.0.0 there will never need to be an upgrade of Amos-vs-SXOS.

My screenshots above using AvS are from my very recently upgraded dual boot (Atmos 1.3.0 and SXOS 3.1.0b) V1 Switch. https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-sxos-cfw.588020/post-9806543

That said, you are seeing something different so I would like to ask, how are you determining the need for fusee-primary.bin?

tlfrance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I’m confused a bit here. Atmos-vs-SXOS uses the SXOS boot binary rather than anything to do with Atmosphere. Since SXOS will never upgrade past 11.0.0 there will never need to be an upgrade of Amos-vs-SXOS.

My screenshots above using AvS are from my very recently upgraded dual boot (Atmos 1.3.0 and SXOS 3.1.0b) V1 Switch.

That said, you are seeing something different so I would like to ask, how are you determining the need for fusee-primary.bin?

Hi @binkinator
For now i use AvS dual boot with Atmos 0.19.5 ans SXOS 3.1.0b V1 Switch . Atmos & sxos have theire proper emunand.
You said you have upgraded to Atmos 1.3.0 & sxos 3.1.0b, and that's exactly i want to do.
First, i've prepared my SD card like that :
  • Download AsV from github (Atmosphere-Vs-Sxos) (emunand No Auto boot.dat + the sd card setup files from oxley192)
  • Install all on my sdcard
  • Migrate emunand for atmos (have sxos emunand)
  • recopy sxos emunand (to have 2 separate emunand )
All working well, and know i would like to upgrade atmos 1.3.0 . So I have done:
  • Download Atmos 1.3.0 zip + fusee.bin (install all into Atmosphere folder)
  • Download sigpatch 1.1.1 FW13.0.0 zip (install under root sdcard)

When boot, i select Atmosphere, but i have error (boot)

1st question : Is my install i done is OK ? Maybe i've forget something .

I'll capture my error screenshot if neded.
Anyway, thanks blinkinator for your help.

Last edited by tlfrance,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @binkinator
For now i use AvS dual boot with Atmos 0.19.5 ans SXOS 3.1.0b V1 Switch . Atmos & sxos have theire proper emunand.
You said you have upgraded to Atmos 1.3.0 & sxos 3.1.0b, and that's exactly i want to do.
First, i've prepared my SD card like that :
  • Download AsV from github (Atmosphere-Vs-Sxos) (emunand No Auto boot.dat + the sd card setup files from oxley192)
  • Install all on my sdcard
  • Migrate emunand for atmos (have sxos emunand)
  • recopy sxos emunand (to have 2 separate emunand )
All working well, and know i would like to upgrade atmos 1.3.0 . So I have done:
  • Download Atmos 1.3.0 zip + fusee.bin (install all into Atmosphere folder)
  • Download sigpatch 1.1.1 FW13.0.0 zip (install under root sdcard)

When boot, i select Atmosphere, but i have error (boot)

Let’s take this CFW troubleshooting over here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/page-1616#post-9819937

angrynewraze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I fix the license error "this license is invalid for this switch"? I tried booting sxos on my current switch that can only go down to 13.0 sysnand bc of burnt fuses but I keep getting that license error and don't know how to fix it. I already have a premade emunand from a previous v1 unpatched switch that I used to own but I can't get it to boot on my current switch bc of that license error.

Last edited by angrynewraze,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad