Hacking Custom Rock Band Discs?

theoperator288

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just have a small question. I went through and backed up my copy of RB Track Pack 1 and replaced every song except two. Is it possible to maybe change what the disc is read as or make it create a different save? For instance, the save would say "Rock Band Custom Track Pack" Instead of "Rock Band Track Pack 1" so it wont over-write my existing save? If I can, I definitely will be making more custom track packs.

Any help would be nice..

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You wont be able to change the save as in having it create an entirely separate save file.

You are able to change the save icon banner and text though. You cant replace it on the disc as you will have to replace it manually.

Contact the user: Majin_Vegeta

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showuser=130583

To answer your question: No, the save file will always overwrite the original but the scores will remain the same on both discs.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Have a look at the partition.bin changer in the downloads section on here (or the wiiscrubber 1.40 kit). It will allow you to change the slot used for the save game.

You need to simply change the title for ticket and tmd, sign and replace and then alter the value in the boot.bin file.

theoperator288

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dack said:
Have a look at the partition.bin changer in the downloads section on here (or the wiiscrubber 1.40 kit). It will allow you to change the slot used for the save game.

You need to simply change the title for ticket and tmd, sign and replace and then alter the value in the boot.bin file.
I've read everything about changing the partition.bin and how it works... I just have one problem, where do i find such thing. I looked at partition builder and it requires a partition.bin.... Under trucha signer, there isn't a partition.bin on the disc, so I must be missing a step.... Any help? Found how to get the partition.bin....I think. I extracted it with trucha, but I can't seem to figure out what to change in partition changer? Any idea's?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head