Hacking custom R4 interface?

garbanzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
not sure if this is possible, but i'd really like to make the middle icon on the R4 menu point to something other than moonshell, which i never use. can this be changed? it would be great if i could launch dsorganize from there. what if i change the name of dsorganize.nds to the name of the moonshell .nds file?

thanks!

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I am not to sure either, but I am positive you can. Just re-name the dsorganize .nds file to _DS_MSHL.nds and it should boot from the middle button. Just give it a try anyway as it can't screw or brick your R4 or DS the worst will just be two white screens that appear when you try and launch the file. If you really wanted to you could edit or make your own skin and put the dsorganize logo on the middle button.

garbanzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
thanks for the info, i'll try that when i get home.

just never been happy with moonshell. for some reason the mp3 playback sounds awful. much better in dsorganize...

garbanzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
ok i tried this but no luck. it launches dsorganize ok, but it crashes when i try to use it. i guess there are processes which refer back to dsorganize.nds. maybe if i keep the original .nds file and launch a duplicate renamed _DS_MSHL.nds? i'll try that after work...

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Non-homebrew does not work with booting from the middle icon. I think.
unsure.gif

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think it works if you rename the file you want to boot instead of moonshell, to the same file name that moonshell has. I forget what it's called so no example. D:

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Err, this is REALLY easy. Just take the game/homebrew and its save file and rename them '_DS_MSHL.nds' and '_DS_MSHL.sav', resectively. I have my middle set to 3-in-1 Tool as well
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
I don't know why it wouldn't. All the r4 is programmed to do is run the file _DS_MSHL.nds when you hit the center button, the same way u would run it from the regular game menu.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Err, this is REALLY easy. Just take the game/homebrew and its save file and rename them '_DS_MSHL.nds' and '_DS_MSHL.sav', resectively. I have my middle set to 3-in-1 Tool as well
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
I don't know why it wouldn't. All the r4 is programmed to do is run the file _DS_MSHL.nds when you hit the center button, the same way u would run it from the regular game menu.

I was told so anyways by someone here on the Temp. Haven't tried t out myself though...

budrow66

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well i launch 3 in 1 tools off the center button. i just renamed the .nds to _DS_MSHL.nds . If it dont work like that for DSOrganize it may be because part of the program refers back to DSOrganize.nds. I have also in the past set up DSChannels to load from the center button. If i remember corectly you can launch DSOrganize from there. Never tried to run DSO from the middle button but seems like it should work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.