Hacking Custom IOS38 rev13 Installer RELEASED!

jugglerb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/quote]

I have this drive 320gb iomega from Tesco's

Use cios rev 11.. & usbloader gx with forwarder. Make sure the drive is formatted with two partitions. Both must be primary!!! (use partition manager 8)

First partition format as Fat 32, The second partition must be a wbfs partition (first format as ntfs, then use wbfs manager to format as wbfs)..

Disable wii connect 24, or if you want it enabled use preloader 0.29 and enable the ignore stand by connection option.

For the drive to be recognised the wii must be turned on from being off, not standby. It appears turning the wii on, powers the drive up correctly

This works fine for me using this method.

another thing you may consider.. take the drive out of its caddy and connect to the PC, use hdparm and disable the spindown
[/quote]

Thanks for the info Jono - any ideas where I can get cios rev 11 from?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
jugglerb said:
[/ quote]
I have this drive 320gb iomega from Tesco's

Use cios rev 11.. & usbloader gx with forwarder. Make sure the drive is formatted with two partitions. Both must be primary!!! (use partition manager 8)

First partition format as Fat 32, The second partition must be a wbfs partition (first format as ntfs, then use wbfs manager to format as wbfs)..

Disable wii connect 24, or if you want it enabled use preloader 0.29 and enable the ignore stand by connection option.

For the drive to be recognised the wii must be turned on from being off, not standby. It appears turning the wii on, powers the drive up correctly

This works fine for me using this method.

another thing you may consider.. take the drive out of its caddy and connect to the PC, use hdparm and disable the spindown
[/ quote]

Thanks for the info Jono - any ideas where I can get cios rev 11 from?
lol you started with an end quote tag...

and besides that:
1. posting cIOS is illegal here.
2. rev_11 is buggy, but if you're on LU64 wii that would be right. if not use rev_9.

QUOTE(jugglerb @ Jun 10 2009, 06:45 PM) make sure the drive is formatted with two partitions. Both must be primary!!!
that just plain makes no sense...

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
jugglerb said:
make sure the drive is formatted with two partitions. Both must be primary!!!
that just plain makes no sense...
Yes it does.

He's telling you to make sure that the drive has two primary partitions.
They can't be logical or extended partitions.

There is such a thing. Don't say stuff until you know you're right.

jugglerb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i managed to start copying a dvd onto my hd and the install failed would this make the drive then non readable? im wondering if that is my problem and i just need to go back to begin and reformat start again.....unless i just got lucky as i stated in my original post.

Jono ill try what you said thanks for the info.

Ok to answer my own question no it doesnt!

CreX

Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
I installed rev12 when it released and was very happy that my USB broadband adapter now worked!
BUT, the loading times with rev12 is alot longer than before. From what I know this would be fixed with rev 13.

So I installed rev13b. And now the USB Loader just freezes when I try to boot a game. It freezes when it says "launching game.."

Does someone know if this is corrected in the newer USB Loader GX or Configurable USB Loader?

CreX

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
CreX said:
I installed rev12 when it released and was very happy that my USB broadband adapter now worked!
BUT, the loading times with rev12 is alot longer than before. From what I know this would be fixed with rev 13.

So I installed rev13b. And now the USB Loader just freezes when I try to boot a game. It freezes when it says "launching game.."

Does someone know if this is corrected in the newer USB Loader GX or Configurable USB Loader?

CreX
why didn't you just try them out yourself? also try rev13a

CreX

Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
manias said:
CreX said:

CreX
why didn't you just try them out yourself? also try rev13a
Oh, yes. I went back to rev 12. But I'll try to install all that tonight and try.
rev13a? totally missed that one. It's not on Waninkoko's blog no?

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well there's a rev13a and rev13b floatin around
wink.gif
but i'm still at rev9 for usbloader, works for the games I wanna play just fine

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CreX said:
manias said:
wink.gif
which one is newer/better? rev13a or b?

13b is "newer", 13a is "better" (it IS on his blog. it's just called 13. there was no B when it was released)

The difference is that 13b includes a fix for the "002 error" that slows it down. Newer launchers include this fix in the launcher itself, making them slightly faster, so 13a is better with newer launchers. (NeoGamma's the author helped develop the cIOS, and was the first to include the patch)

CreX

Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
mtb-bfh said:
CreX said:
manias said:
wink.gif
which one is newer/better? rev13a or b?

13b is "newer", 13a is "better" (it IS on his blog. it's just called 13. there was no B when it was released)

The difference is that 13b includes a fix for the "002 error" that slows it down. Newer launchers include this fix in the launcher itself, making them slightly faster, so 13a is better with newer launchers. (NeoGamma's the author helped develop the cIOS, and was the first to include the patch)
Ah! Thanks! Makes it alot clearer for me.

The bug were loaders freeze if you play one game, go back to the loader and boot next. Is this a cIOS bug or Loader bug? (only accure with cIOS newer than rev 12)

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that was introduced with the latest batch of cIOS releases. If it's something that can be fixed at the loader level, I haven't heard of anybody doing so yet.

Bigmonty69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For those having problems with the Iomega 320gb (Tescos) drive. I have two separate drives working perfectly on my dads and my Wiis.

At the moment I am using Rev12 and I found my drive worked fine first time and has continued to work fine, my dads didn't however. In order to fix this you make sure you have main USB lead (out of the two) in the bottom USB port and the power lead int he other port and when it gives you the error in USB Loader GX re. not being able to find the drive and starts the 30 sec countdown you unplug the drive and plug it back in, it should then find it (might require a button press I can't remember). Going forwards it then always finds the drive. No idea why.

I have not been brave enough to update to Rev13a yet but might give it a shot seeing as I want to run Indy and TW2010 off of my USB drive and not a disc like I am doing at the moment.

yoitsme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rev14 release: July (last cIOS) | Error 002 ? Use Rev13b OR get a proper loader EG: !neogamma | THIS IS AN ENGLISH SPEAKING CHANNEL, USE IT!
Topic set by waninkoko on Wed Jun 10 2009 08:23:30 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)

hmmm I guess we have to wait a while for rev 14.

CreX

Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
yoitsme said:
rev14 release: July (last cIOS) | Error 002 ? Use Rev13b OR get a proper loader EG: !neogamma | THIS IS AN ENGLISH SPEAKING CHANNEL, USE IT!
Topic set by waninkoko on Wed Jun 10 2009 08:23:30 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)

hmmm I guess we have to wait a while for rev 14.
Yepp. But there is no crisis. Only use "reset" instead of "Wii Menu" when you want to go back and load another game. And the loader wont freeze at "booting... please wait.."

strangephish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked but i Googled here and didn't find an answer:

I have an issue with rev12-13b that all of them when installed make any loader run slower then death and eventually not read the HD. It's plugged into the bottom slot as was the requirement for this to work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F