Hacking Custom IOS38 rev12 RELEASED!

dirtygermankid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed this to add microphone support, and keep receiving Error 001.

Any ideas?

EDIT: ended up being the NeoGamma bootloader. Updated to Wiiish bootloader and everything works flawlessly, even the microphone support!

preelude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i don't know if this is a known issue or not, but i can't install cios r12 on a virgin lu65 (even though readme says "Support for consoles with serial number LU64+
")

i get this error:

[+] Installing Custom IOS, please wait...
>> Install ERROR (ret= -2011)

Dj_Qbert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
preelude said:
i don't know if this is a known issue or not, but i can't install cios r12 on a virgin lu65 (even though readme says "Support for consoles with serial number LU64+
")

i get this error:

http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...-4-no-cios.html

Follow this guide up to Step #7. I just recently fixed this issue on my friends wii. He had the same error. It will install CIOS rev9 but you can update to the newer one after your finished.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
since updating to this my USB Loader GX doesn't work (r432), is this common? Does anyone have a link to download rev9 or 10 again?

sionsays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has this resolved the USB loader not working with a broken dvd drive? I was getting "An Error has occured, Press the Eject Button and remove the disc". error.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Any USB HUB support?

It would be cool if we could get LAN adapter or USB HDD working from HUB, because currently they have to be connected directly to the wiis ports.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Dj_Qbert said:
preelude said:
")

i get this error:

[url=http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...-4-no-cios.html]http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...-4-no-cios.html[/url]

Follow this guide up to Step #7. I just recently fixed this issue on my friends wii. He had the same error. It will install CIOS rev9 but you can update to the newer one after your finished.

This guide still attempts to downgrade ios35 which is not foolproof on LU64+ consoles.
rolleyes.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(OSW @ Jun 1 2009, 11:34 AM)
Any USB HUB support?

It would be cool if we could get LAN adapter or USB HDD working from HUB, because currently they have to be connected directly to the wiis ports.

I think the port for USB hdd is exclusively for it only. Maybe the other port might support a hub for more devices.

frenchderf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I gave wrong informations in a way...

I was quite distrub by my HD 160 GO and 250 GO both Toshiba 2,5" Sata that the bigger was suddendly slow. I decided after some testing to exchange the usb=>sata controler from 160 to 250 and vice versa. with rev this is the timing i get with 250 Go
GX 3 sec (quasi instant with boot.elf instead of boot.dol)
my test at first fist was bad because i was in version 1.00 without updating to rev 430
Coverflow RC5 quasi instant ( but forwarder is code duping now as it was in RC3)
Waninkoko 1.5 with themes (2 to 4 sec)

I also tried the 160 Go and got those slow tmis again... The USB-Sata controler react differently with rev 12 ? I will try the 160 Go back to another Wii rev10 and let you all know.

So I no issue anymore on rev12 because I was in bad condition at the time of first try...
And i am able to play Metroid Prime 3, and all Sonics without any error....

Good good job of Waninkoko

Sorry for wrong information yesterday

Frenchderf

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems to be working alright for me, using WD 320GB Elements HDD.

USB speed seems the same as before (tested mario kart and castlevania judgement), but I have had one freeze whilst in the castlevania judgement menu.

Hope DVD dumper works with the LAN adapter (I presume it will).

Hopefully in future we can use the LAN adapter with improved USB speeds too... hemmm

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So much crap going around here... and crap answers from people who don't know what they're talking about. No you don't uninstall IOS249. YOU NEED IOS249 to run the installer! With a virgin Wii, for instance... you CANNOT simply install rev12. It simply won't work.

If you have a lu64+ Wii: Try the LU64 fix from softmii first.

All others (if virgin 4.0): put bannerbomb on a card with loadmii as boot.elf. You need DVDX (which will patch ios35) and wad manager 1.4.
First use dvdx
Then load wadmanager (without changing settings) and install the old (trucha bugged) ios35.
exit wadmanager and reload it, this time choosing ios35
now install cios36 rev7 or 9 or whatever will work for you.
exit wadmanager again

NOW you can load wadmanager using ios249 and do whatever you want to your Wii. (first thing I'd do use hackmii installer to get HBC and bootmii on there
tongue.gif
)
and of course now you'll be able to install rev12 because you have an ios249.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7