Hacking Custom ios uninstalling by themselves

tommy1981

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else had their custom ios uninstall by themselves and noticed several channels added to the home screen?

I used the wii guide twice. The homebrew channel stays but after shutting down the wii, the custom ios need reinstalled. Wiiflow starts up stating that there is no custom ios.

Thanks to anyone who can help me with this.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else had their custom ios uninstall by themselves and noticed several channels added to the home screen?

I used the wii guide twice. The homebrew channel stays but after shutting down the wii, the custom ios need reinstalled. Wiiflow starts up stating that there is no custom ios.

Thanks to anyone who can help me with this.
Nope 9 wii's here never had this problem

Reactions: tommy1981

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The only way I've seen cios's get uninstalled is by conducting an official update which may stub some of the typical cios slots. An update may add new channels as well.

The other thing that comes to mind is that some wad managers support installing wads to an emulated nand instead of real nand, are you sure you aren't doing this by mistake?

While it's possible something truly funny is going on, ultimately I think the most likely explanation is user error (sorry! No offense!). Try using ModMii, it will have you do much of the same things as wii.guide but maybe the guide will be easier for you to follow. You can use modmii's main wizard or syscheck updater wizard.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs