Status
Not open for further replies.

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
ok it would seem that the wii drive loads i this, but i had to use a CD r because i dont want to use a DVD for one game, it tried to load, but failed maybe i burnt it wrong how was the filestructure ment to be?
it doesnt run burned Wii games, it simply allows the newest version of genplus to read roms from a dvd. Get a clue, read a README

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
killplaystation said:
linkinworm said:
ok it would seem that the wii drive loads i this, but i had to use a CD r because i dont want to use a DVD for one game, it tried to load, but failed maybe i burnt it wrong how was the filestructure ment to be?
it doesnt run burned Wii games, it simply allows the newest version of genplus to read roms from a dvd. Get a clue, read a README
from a dvd ummm i didnt try run a burned wii game, i loaded the genesis rom onto the disk and tried to load the rom, not a wii game, im not stupid, how about you READ

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
killplaystation said:
the only emulator released so far that reads burned discs with this new IOS is the new genplus-gx release.
If you found the wad, PM me for no reason...

Seconded, I would like a PM also.

Just to clarify... an ISO loader might be possible, either by tricking the drive or by diverting the calls to USB, WiFi, or SD.

Kairi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The wii can only read from dvds does not support cds.

Edit: Yes a PM would be nice thanks
smile.gif

Edit 2: Zidane_genome Ill be happy just with being able to burn full rom sets on dvd and play them on emus
smile.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think Bushings is the only one working on this that would even try to make a softmod... I know the rest are very anti-pirate... so don't hold your breath for a softmod this soon!

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
killplaystation said:
linkinworm said:
from a dvd ummm i didnt try run a burned wii game, i loaded the genesis rom onto the disk and tried to load the rom, not a wii game, im not stupid, how about you READ
ok... im sorry... i... i love you

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kairi said:

Edit: Yes a PM would be nice thanks
smile.gif

yea i thought so, my DVD RW has just died on me so i thought id try it untill i get some DVDs(and a emulator i actualy like to play games on)
whats with all this "PM me" going around?

ummm pm me
lololol people wanting to wad or something, i dunno if its legal tbh, im not into piracy or distribution copyrighted material, best wait for waninkoko to either, include it or tell you how to obtain it

killplaystation said:
linkinworm said:
killplaystation said:
QUOTE(linkinworm @ Jul 16 2008, 01:01 AM) ok it would seem that the wii drive loads i this, but i had to use a CD r because i dont want to use a DVD for one game, it tried to load, but failed maybe i burnt it wrong how was the filestructure ment to be?
ok... im sorry... i... i love you

dude.. POWER HUG!

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
i dunno if its legal tbh, im not into piracy or distribution copyrighted material, best wait for waninkoko to either, include it or tell you how to obtain it

Not going to happen. The only way to get it would be from the Wii or on a game disc which requires it. Which is a problem because no games are out there that need IOS37, and people haven't been able to dump it.
frown.gif

EDIT: and I believe it is illegal to distribute, hence why it wasn't in the first place. It would have been a prepatched WAD then.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kairi said:
Common misconception.

The hardware does, the software doesn't.

Technically, software could be made to read a CD, but with the price of DVD-R these days, why bother?

QUOTEand I believe it is illegal to distribute, hence why it wasn't in the first place. It would have been a prepatched WAD then.

Which is why anyone who knows how to obtain it could instruct people how to do so, instead of trying to distribute it.

If anyone knows where to get it.... again, a PM would be nice.

loopguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what about gecko-os with custom ios support? maybe the first iso loader?
(i think bushing wouldn't be very amused
rolleyes.gif
)

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
loopguy said:
rolleyes.gif
)

The source for GeckoOS is not available, and I'm pretty sure that Nuke, the developer, is very much against piracy, so I doubt that any "backup" support will be added by him.

nitrotux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice release waninkoko
smile.gif

A custom IOS to load Wii games from USB mass storage would be nice
wink.gif
Good for when the lens dies on an old Wii, or for those poor Wii's that cannot read dual layer properly.

loopguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
g4jek8j54 said:
loopguy said:
rolleyes.gif
)

The source for GeckoOS is not available, and I'm pretty sure that Nuke, the developer, is very much against piracy, so I doubt that any "backup" support will be added by him.
but soon or later iso loader will come, the doors are now open...

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loopguy said:
g4jek8j54 said:
loopguy said:
rolleyes.gif
)

but soon or later iso loader will come, the doors are now open...
yeah but there's one huge problem left....i dont have the wad

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
need some help (i'm noob)

ok, i just dumped my wii file system (with waninkoko's FS Dumper) and need to know what directory the ios37 .app, ticket, cert, etc. files would be in

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, how is this useful? If you can't dump the IOS37 from your own Wii, how can anyone use this? You can't find it anywhere on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong