Homebrew custom IOS for running SSBB on 3.2E

anden1022

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have 3.2E installed on my wii but SSBB requires a higher version. I don't want to upgrade my firmware couse then backup luncher will stop working, also I think it's bad to uppdate with homebrew channel and other homebrew channels installed. Is there a way to make SSBB work without updating system menu?

anden1022

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It did not start in disk channel but in backup luncher it worked. Do I break anything or is something not working if I run SSBB through backup luncher.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
No, but it runs slower. I think you can do it this way though to have normal loading speeds : Go to Backup Launcher and press B to boot with hooks. Then go to disc channel and play the game.. I don't know if it asks update like this but you can play backup games through disc channel like this so it's worth of a try.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just use GeckoOS to boot it, it should work.

Or install StarFall
tongue.gif

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
raulpica said:
Just use GeckoOS to boot it, it should work.

Or install StarFall
tongue.gif

Why ?

I heard updates are blocked on newest Gamma Backup Launcher anyway..

I'm not familiar with what Gecko OS really is, and what's any different with it than the Gamma Backup Launcher itself, but.. According to the Wiibrew site it says you need to press reset after you loaded the boot.elf file to play the Wii game.. that's pretty bothersome since you can't reset from Wiimote -.-..

Oh .. If someone reads this... I couldn't find the answer from WiiBrew but.. Do I need to use Twilight Hack to install this, or can I do it through Homebrew Channel ?

anden1022

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll maybe try starfall(I like the region free function too). Starting SSBB with "rebooting with hocks" makes the network connection return a error message.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-