Custom Gameboy?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,546
  • Replies 4
D

Deleted User

OP
so the whole point of this thread is... has anyone opened an original DMG gameboy, took the internals out, put in the ones of a gameboy color, then installed a backlight/frontlight? and how hard would that be?

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the whole point of this thread is... has anyone opened an original DMG gameboy, took the internals out, put in the ones of a gameboy color, then installed a backlight/frontlight? and how hard would that be?
I'm no expert in hardmodding or anything, but I guess it is possible. Though given the GameBrick has a large shell and the GBC has a small shell you might have moving internals unless you have a way to keep them in place. Other than that It wouldn't be that hard as it is a matter of just swapping parts and giving a light to it.

DS64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it could be done, I have not done it personally. I have hard modded my gameboy pocket with a backlight though, you can even change the color by adding a dipswitch on some of them, you also can up the volume,have better speakers, even bivert the screen which increases the contrast. Fairly easy to do with the tutorials out there. A lot of crazy mods I have seen on the dmg, gbp and gbc. Some of them are really works of art.

Last edited by DS64,
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
As someone who mods games systems for money, your request can be done but it's quite time consuming to mount the guts of one handheld into the shell of another. Also the GBC's LCD can only be frontlit due do how it's constructed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat