Homebrew Custom game icons tutorial and sharing hub

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a grey icon for totk and it's still there even after uninstalling the theme. Deleted the game and installed the nsp and it's still grey.

ccarr6257

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
has anybody got sys tweak for 15.0.1 firmware. my totk icon is not changing and i think that could be why maybe

update = got it working for some reason my title id generated wasnt correct but its all good now

Last edited by ccarr6257,

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice, I'd like for Pokemon Violet if possible (default one). Thanks.
here you go: the files in the zip attached are correct and can be added by putting them in:

sd:/atmosphere/contents/<gametid>/icon.jpg

pokemon-scarlet-violet-[02].png pokemon-scarlet-violet-[03].png pokemon-scarlet-violet-[04].png

@ganons grey icons with question marks mean the image you've chosen is wrong
just delete the jpg from the atmos folder
sd:/atmosphere/contents/<gametid>/icon.jpg

Attachments

• pkmn-scar-soda.zip
    257.1 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: ganons

ccarr6257

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
for those wanting totk icon

Attachments

• communityIcon_qsnzr4by2nn91.png
    communityIcon_qsnzr4by2nn91.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 44
  • communityIcon_26iac94n0qn91.png
    communityIcon_26iac94n0qn91.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 35

AtChERim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think sys-tweak works with JKSV as it seems to freeze and crash my Switch whenever trying to backup saves but only worked again after removing the 00FF747765616BFF sys-tweak folder in atmosphere/contents.

I enjoy using custom icons so does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I don't think sys-tweak works with JKSV as it seems to freeze and crash my Switch whenever trying to backup saves but only worked again after removing the 00FF747765616BFF sys-tweak folder in atmosphere/contents.

I don’t have this issue, what atmosphere version are you on?
Any particular game cause this crash?

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

you need to let us know what version of atmos you're running.
have you updated sys-tweak?
https://github.com/p-sam/switch-sys-tweak/actions/runs/4683175921

I'm on atmos 1.5.4 I believe and AMD 16.0.2 and I haven't swapped out systweak and it's still working:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-game-icons-tutorial-and-sharing-hub.574675/page-26#post-9738297

perhaps JKSV needs updating ?

AtChERim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t have this issue, what atmosphere version are you on?
Any particular game cause this crash?

JKSV 02.23.2023
hekate 6.0.3
AMS 1.5.2 | E
Firmware 16.0.2

Issue 1: I used sys-tweak to change the icons for Tinfoil and Youtube which had no issues. The moment I tried JKSV, Checkpoint, or Edizon to Backup a Save File, the Switch would freeze for a few minutes before Atmosphere displays an error message to reboot.

Issue 2: Opening Smash Ultimate with ARCropolis Mods would also cause Atmosphere to crash when starting the game.

Both Issues went away the moment I removed the sys-tweak 00FF747765616BFF folder in atmosphere/contents.

you need to let us know what version of atmos you're running.
have you updated sys-tweak?

I'm on atmos 1.5.4 I believe and AMD 16.0.2 and I haven't swapped out systweak and it's still working:

perhaps JKSV needs updating ?

Is there a way to check which version of sys-tweak I have on the Switch?

Also, how do I update sys-tweak using the first link you shared? Am I meant to install both NSPs? It doesn't seem that Goldleaf or DBI are able to do that for me. Followed the instructions in this guide and renamed sys-tweak.nsp to exefs.nsp but what am I supposed to do with sys-tweak_log.nsp

JKSV is on the latest version too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I've updated to 16.0.3 | AMS 1.5.4 | E, hektate 6.0.4, and sys-tweak I think and tested out each sysmodule on my Switch. It seems that sys-tweak conflicts with sys-hidplus which causes the Switch to crash. If I remove either one then everything works as expected, but if both are in the atmosphere/contents folder then the issues with JKSV and ARCopolis return. I'm not sure if there is a fix for this.

Last edited by AtChERim,

CaptainKRN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm having a weirdly random issue I have not seen anyone mention, even using your Themes Soda my icons are tiny.
I've set everything up correctly *i think) vertical icons all working and looking good, however the text on the game and the album, settings etc. icons seem way smaller than on the previews.

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a weirdly random issue I have not seen anyone mention, even using your Themes Soda my icons are tiny.
I've set everything up correctly *i think) vertical icons all working and looking good, however the text on the game and the album, settings etc. icons seem way smaller than on the previews.
do you have an example screenshot ?

AtChERim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe libraries have been updated are you using latest systweak?
I've written a guide https://sodasoba1.github.io/sys-tweak/

Grab the p-sam version
Everything is now up to date, including sys-tweak (following your guide).

It's mentioned in the EDIT of my previous message that I found sys-tweak and sys-hidplus conflict with one another if both are in the atmosphere/contents folder. Keeping only sys-tweak in atmosphere/contents resolves my issues. Same for if I decide to keep sys-hidplus in atmosphere/contents instead. The JKSV and ARCopolis issues seem to reappear though only when both sys-tweak and sys-hidplus are in atmosphere/contents at the same time.

I'm not sure if there is a fix so both sys-tweak and sys-hidplus can remain in atmosphere/contents without causing issues with the Switch.

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

It's mentioned in the EDIT of my previous message that I found sys-tweak and sys-hidplus conflict with one another if both are in the atmosphere/contents folder. Keeping only sys-tweak in atmosphere/contents resolves my issues. Same for if I decide to keep sys-hidplus in atmosphere/contents instead. The JKSV and ARCopolis issues seem to reappear though only when both sys-tweak and sys-hidplus are in atmosphere/contents at the same time.

I'm not sure if there is a fix so both sys-tweak and sys-hidplus can remain in atmosphere/contents without causing issues with the Switch.
sounds like a lib issue of some kind I'm unaware of how conflicts like this cause issues.

Veralyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
After upgrading my emunand to 16.0.3 (Version 16.0.3|AMS 1.5.3|e) my custom icons wont show up anymore.
I made a backup of my contents folder and restored it but no luck, i also downloaded the 16.0.0 sys tweak file from https://sodasoba1.github.io/sys-tweak/ but no custom icons show up. Also when i try to re-add them via NX NX-Game-Icon-Customizer it wont change.

Is it outdated at the moment?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

In latest atmosphere the memory pool available for sys-modules was reduced in order to make romfs mods works in TotK. Your only option is run less sys-modules or edit atmosphere source (if you don't care about TotK romfs mods) and re-compile.

Even then, there's chances that the sys-modules conflict for memory each other.

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For this theme, do I have to hope and pray that there's a fan-made vertical icon created for every game I own, or does it pull the vertical icons from an official source, so that there's always a vertical icon for every game?

https://themezer.net/packs/Vertical-Red-Lava-Lamp-370
You can always request icons from myself or check steamgriddb with nxgic or icongrabber.

I make a point of trying to add as many icons as I can think of, obscure games may not always be there but I'm happy to make/add any requests either post on my profile or pm
Include game name & titleID
Post automatically merged:

After upgrading my emunand to 16.0.3 (Version 16.0.3|AMS 1.5.3|e) my custom icons wont show up anymore.
I made a backup of my contents folder and restored it but no luck, i also downloaded the 16.0.0 sys tweak file from https://sodasoba1.github.io/sys-tweak/ but no custom icons show up. Also when i try to re-add them via NX NX-Game-Icon-Customizer it wont change.

Is it outdated at the moment?
All the sys modules are also in the contents folder why not try disabling some sysmodules?

I will add even on and 1.5.3 my systweak works fine with
Systweak
Tesla
Sysclk
Sys-ftpd-light
Sys-patch
Emuiibo
Missioncontrol

What crashes my system/causes errors is saltynx I assume it needs more resources or my version is wrong.
My only other guess is you have installed systweak in the wrong folder or its not enabled.

Last edited by SodaSoba,

Veralyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can always request icons from myself or check steamgriddb with nxgic or icongrabber.

I make a point of trying to add as many icons as I can think of, obscure games may not always be there but I'm happy to make/add any requests either post on my profile or pm
Include game name & titleID
Post automatically merged:

All the sys modules are also in the contents folder why not try disabling some sysmodules?

I will add even on and 1.5.3 my systweak works fine with
Systweak
Tesla
Sysclk
Sys-ftpd-light
Sys-patch
Emuiibo
Missioncontrol

What crashes my system/causes errors is saltynx I assume it needs more resources or my version is wrong.
My only other guess is you have installed systweak in the wrong folder or its not enabled.
My bad, for some reason the flags folder and toolbox json dissapeared (??), i assumed it was in my backup contents folder but nope.

Sorry :D works again!

Reactions: SodaSoba

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: well as far as metroid prime 4 is concerned, the next system probably is similar enough to the...