Hacking Custom Frodo for C64 VC Injection

niknice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anybody managed to successfully inject Bruce Lee yet? I tried loads of different versions awhile back but the controls wouldn`t work with any of my injects. Just wondering whether theres been any progress with the injecting tools. Its very frustrating as the few C64 wads I have, run ALOT better than the Frodo port that we have at the moment
frown.gif

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I followed the instructions to inject a snapshot. I extracted IK.wad pal version, the extracted the 00000005.app and decompressed the snapshot and put it in frodo dir. Ran frodo. put giana.d64 a drive 8. Did load"*",8,1 then run and took snapshot during crack. Recompressed, rebuild wad etc. Now i get a 1022 error when trying to install the wad. And what does putting the ik.fss file into frodo dir do ?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
tHciNc said:
I followed the instructions to inject a snapshot. I extracted IK.wad pal version, the extracted the 00000005.app and decompressed the snapshot and put it in frodo dir. Ran frodo. put giana.d64 a drive 8. Did load"*",8,1 then run and took snapshot during crack. Recompressed, rebuild wad etc. Now i get a 1022 error when trying to install the wad. And what does putting the ik.fss file into frodo dir do ?

ik.fss is the wii emulator's snapshot, custom frodo takes this and patches current game's data effectively replacing your international karate snapshot. You does this using an added option in the frodo (Patch and save snapshot)

-1022 ? Content did not match hash in TMD

possibly packing the wad or replacing 5.app got messed... try another wad packer maybe...

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It was my bad, I downloaded the frodosrc.rar, but every time i ran frodo.exe in bin dir it couldnt find Basic ROM, so i got modfrodo.rar from site and its just the standard frodo, no patch option, no wiicrazy along the top, ( I see this in the source version for split second until it cant find ROM

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
@tHciNc : My bad... probably upped the wrong files. I know it's messy but using the latest one (frodosrc.rar) and copying the below files under c:\ will definetely help..

1541 ROM
Basic ROM
Char ROM
Kernal ROM

Cleaned75

Trophies
XP
Country
Someone help me? I can not inject any game : (
If you want to help me, post in private msg.

I have to inject only a pair of classic rom

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bo Frost said:
you can play all lucasgames/arts adventures like maniac mansion in scummVM very comfortable.

what i would like to play is pirates! a 2 disc game. a lot of files in those 2 disks.

btw. i injected zorro and bruce lee but both dont work right.
they run normally but in zorro the player does not appear and in bruce lee controls dont work.

giana runs perfect!
tongue.gif

edit:this is a bit offtopic but i just thought how nice it would be if you could modify a competition pro joystick to play those games on wii. with the wiimote you dont get the authentic feeling. dont know if this is possible, anyone?

Bruce Lee used the second controller I think by default. Did you try controller 2? C64 got goofy sometimes on what controller was player 1.

Darklight Lord

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I know this is an old thread but could use som help .... I was interested in Dolphin emulator and like to load c64 games with Dolphin as the VC selection is very slim. the games I wanted to inject are the Dizzy games collection and Flimbo's quest

Darklight Lord

Trophies
XP
Country
I currently use CCs64 but since Dolphin I have manage to downsize my emulator list a lot and like 1 app for all my games but I also have a Wii and may put my c64 games on that later but being New to this getting abit lost lol

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Can somebody say me how to inject Commodore 64 save title, please???? I have a problem: using HowardC's VC Save Icon and Save Title Injector in C-64 mode for inject save title, but when I press 'Inject', a window shows 'Run-time error '424': Object required'. Can anyone help? Thanks

redfire_mrt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try taking the snapshot before the game starts, the snapshot is nowhere near perfect. Probably unrestored cia state causing the problem. But in theory you could successfully load every single game if you take the snapshot after loading and typing run, then you can complete the enter keypress in the wii at every start of the game. Or you can compress (crunch) the game on the c64 side and you can take the snapshot near the completion of decompression which doesn't rely on vic or cia state much. Well in short you can run every single file game that the wii emu supports actually
smile.gif

edit: About the bruce lee problem, possible solution is either use the second wiimote or gc controller plugged in the second gc port?
When load the Custom Frodo It gets an error "Can't find Basic ROM". What should I do?

redfire_mrt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ik.fss is the wii emulator's snapshot, custom frodo takes this and patches current game's data effectively replacing your international karate snapshot. You does this using an added option in the frodo (Patch and save snapshot)

-1022 ? Content did not match hash in TMD

possibly packing the wad or replacing 5.app got messed... try another wad packer maybe...
OH SH*T! I think that's causing the "Can't find basic ROM" error to appear or Im I wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0