Custom Firmware Enabler?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Skyline969, Jun 25, 2009.

Jun 25, 2009

Custom Firmware Enabler? by Skyline969 at 11:43 PM (782 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Skyline969
    OP

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Well, I have a PSP3000, and I heard about Custom Firmware Enabler. What is it, how can I install it, and is it possible to be installed when I already have 5.03 GEN-A files flashed to my PSP? If it allows me to install and use M33 CFW and I can finally shut down my PSP, it'll be a godsend. [​IMG]

2. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    No it doesn't. It's a temporary CFW just like GEN-A, run ChickHEN then run CFWe.

From what I've heard though it had less bugs and runs better.

3. bl00dclaat

Newcomer bl00dclaat Member

Jamaica
    just do a google search for "psp 3000 hacks" , without the quotes of course. The first link should be useful to you. [​IMG]

4. Skyline969
    OP

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Less bugs and runs better? GEN-A hasn't hurt me yet, except it froze once when I tried to put it in standby after applying one of my backgrounds as a wallpaper. No problem though, rebooted and went back into GEN-A and all was well... after I changed my wallpaper back to the PSP original.

EDIT: If I installed CFW Enabler, could I install custom themes without worrying about a brick, as opposed to 5.03 GEN-A? I mean, GEN-A's got the CXMB and all, but that requires you to overwrite something, doesn't it? Is there any risk of a brick in using the CXMB in 5.03 GEN-A?

EDIT(2): If I installed CFW Enabler, could I use any and/or all custom themes for M33 firmware without bricking my PSP3000?

5. Spartan117H3

Member Spartan117H3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Here is a description of CFWE 3.50, the latest version I believe and the link to it.

Description:
    Xenogears and Becus25's Custom Firmware Enabler for use with Davee's ChickHEN. Benefit from all the features of Custom Firmware M33 on your PSP-2000 TA-088v3 and/or PSP-3000. Note: you must be running firmware 5.03 for ChickHEN and CFWEnabler to work; firmware 5.50+ is not supported.

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1734

6. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    you can safely use the modified CXMB plugin.
    you need 5.02 or higher themes, if you use older themes they simple don't load unless you convert them(so the default official theme is loaded)