NULL

Custom Amiibo Cards for BOTW

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Random11, Mar 11, 2017.

1. mistic100

mistic100 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2017
    France
    Here are the four last card backs for the four champions.

botw 2 card daruk_back_2.2. botw 2 card mipha_back_2.2. botw 2 card revali_back_2.2. botw 2 card urbosa_back_2.2.

2. HunterMcDole

HunterMcDole Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2017
    United States
    Any chance for the source files? I had modified your other ones to a CC size and a different back.

Thanks,

3. mistic100

mistic100 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2017
    France
  4. HunterMcDole

HunterMcDole Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2017
    United States
    @mistic100 Thanks, I had to manually add them to the old data set for some reason, it kept giving me an error about too many variables on line 1. I have my modified pdf/dataset if you want it otherwise, I will just upload the pngs on the CC page if that is still cool.

5. Wavorly

Wavorly Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2017
    Hungary
    @Random11 Hello. I was wondering if you planned on making a card variant for all the amiibo that would give you an outfit in Super Mario Odyssey.
    30th Anniversary: 8 Bit - Classic Color
    Mario Party: Gold Mario, Silver Mario
    Super Smash Bros.: Diddy Kong, Dr. Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi

6. Random11
    OP

Random11 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 16, 2008
    Canada
    No. I dont really see a use for making cards of characters from a line in the styling of a different line. I see why you might want that in the short term so you have matching cards. But what happens when the next smash game comes out? Are you going to reprint those ones in the smash style? or live with not having the smash line all matching? If you disagree with my reasoning that's fine. I'm just explaining why I (for the most part) will only make cards in the style of their respective sets.

7. Wavorly

Wavorly Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2017
    Hungary
    I think you misunderstood me. I would just like to make some cards for all of the amiibo that give you a costume inside Super Mario Odyssey. The same way you made for Breath of the Wild.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

30th Anniversary: 8 Bit - Classic Color, in the same style that you made the "Zelda 30th Anniversary Amiibo Cards"
    Super Smash Bros.: Diddy Kong, Dr. Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, in the same style that you made the "Smash Series Amiibo Cards"
    Mario Party: Gold Mario, Silver Mario, For these you don't have an existing template from what I can tell.

8. Random11
    OP

Random11 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 16, 2008
    Canada
    oh you just want the normal cards. Ok, you said variant so I thought you meant like a mario odyssey themed gold mario.

Anyway, as for making those cards normally, I wasnt planning on it... but Ill think about it.

9. Wavorly

Wavorly Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2017
    Hungary
    I could try making them myself, but I'm not sure where you are getting the box art without the characters on them. Or are you remaking them from scratch?

10. Random11
    OP

Random11 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 16, 2008
    Canada
    With the exception of the smash one (which I got from here) Ive made them by scratch.

11. Wavorly

Wavorly Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2017
    Hungary
    Cool. He seems to have a Super Mario template as well.
    Now I only need to make a 30th anniversary background.

12. mistic100

mistic100 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2017
    France
    I remade all my cards on http://www.makeplayingcards.com
    Each card is two poker sized laminated cards glued with the NFC tag in between. I also ordered a plastic case with the logo printed on it.

Much better quality than the first ones printed on photo paper and roughtly cut.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. simbin

simbin GBAtemp Fan

Jul 28, 2015
    United States
    Just sayin... ;)

mario cereal card front v0. mario odyssey card back v2.

kilthro likes this.
  14. qaz015393

qaz015393 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    I wanted to buy more NTAG215 tags and wanted to know if this and this seller are good/recommend to buy from. I don't have the Power save application or the reader that came with it so I can't rewrite my powertag (I only wanted to rewrite it once since I used the wrong amiibo file- wanted to use the Majora's Mask spoof that would give me all equipment) plus I didn't want it to break/not read anymore (after having it for months now, I finally started using it).

15. Frexxos

Frexxos GBAtemp Fan

Apr 27, 2015
    Germany
    I finally finished my 48 Cards! They are working perfektliy and are looking very nice. Thanks again for all the perfect tutorials, like scribus and the templates!
    Awesome Job! Here some Pictures. I think i gonna laminate them for more stability.
    IMG-20180104-WA0000. IMG-20180104-WA0003. IMG-20180104-WA0005. IMG-20180104-WA0007.

Last edited by Frexxos, Jan 4, 2018
  16. GreatZimkogway

GreatZimkogway Still a Touhou Fanatic

Jul 21, 2009
    United States
    Senkai
    Do you have an exact way you modified the cards CompC made to fit properly on MPC? All of yours fit perfectly without modification, I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to fix all of CompC's card arts.

17. Katcher

Katcher Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Scotland
    What should I be using to print the cards out onto in the way shown in the cutting guide? And how will I know if my Epson XP-305 can print on whatever it is I need?

18. Frexxos

Frexxos GBAtemp Fan

Apr 27, 2015
    Germany
    go to the first page. There are two links

install "scribus" and use the attached "scribus script". Then you only have to drag and drop the files. Its absolute easy and works like a charm!
    There is also a PDF where you can see a step for step instruction how to cut the cards.

I personally recommend a device like this for cutting (worked best for me):
    snider.

19. Katcher

Katcher Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Scotland
    Not what I meant but thanks for the recommendation on the cutting tool. I meant the type of paper I should use and if I can use it with the printer I have. I have the PDF's made just sitting ready for printing.

20. Frexxos

Frexxos GBAtemp Fan

Apr 27, 2015
    Germany
    ah now I understand.

I printed on a laser printer with 120 g/m² glossy paper(only the printed side was glossy.
    But just try it out. Some printers dont like "thick" paper or can't handle it.
    I tried for myself a few different papers. and the 120g/m² worked best for me.