Hardware Custom Amiibo Cards Design

MelonSpeedruns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone! I recently started doing a collection of amiibos, and I wanted to have them in card form too, so I started making custom designs for those.
Since I'm a beginner at image editing, I'd really like if you could give me your honest opinion on those, along with a few tips on how to make them look better if possible.

My goal is to make a design for every single amiibo existing, with every different serie of amiibo having their own design.

You can use them without having to credit me.
I'm only asking you to send a picture of the cards you printed with my work, in case any of you like it. :D

Here's the imgur album for the Smash serie of amiibos: http://imgur.com/a/Pula7

I will add more to this album whenever I got some free time.
If you guys want to see a specific amiibo, just let me know, and I'll make it as soon as I can!

Again, thanks for reading this, and I hope you have a good day!

MelonSpeedruns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks you! I really appreciate it! :D
May I ask you where you ordered them? I was thinking about buying mines from Tagstand, since they sell PVC cards with the chip inside.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello everyone! I recently started doing a collection of amiibos, and I wanted to have them in card form too, so I started making custom designs for those.
Since I'm a beginner at image editing, I'd really like if you could give me your honest opinion on those, along with a few tips on how to make them look better if possible.

My goal is to make a design for every single amiibo existing, with every different serie of amiibo having their own design.

You can use them without having to credit me.
I'm only asking you to send a picture of the cards you printed with my work, in case any of you like it. :D

Here's the imgur album for the Smash serie of amiibos: http://imgur.com/a/Pula7

I will add more to this album whenever I got some free time.
If you guys want to see a specific amiibo, just let me know, and I'll make it as soon as I can!

Again, thanks for reading this, and I hope you have a good day!
These are pretty good, but there are white edges around all of the characters and on some of them it looks bad against the black background, you should get rid of that.
Also I think the font and the text coloring could be better.

MelonSpeedruns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, I got you, I just checked the prices, and it's cheaper than Tagstand! I will definitely order them from Aliexpress. :)

The real Jdbye: I will try making a new design today so if you have some tips, let me know!

Last edited by MelonSpeedruns,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TheCyberQuake Yup, those are credit card sized! I'd say wait a few minutes before printing them, I'm working on a new design and it's looking even better! :D

EDIT: Uploaded the new design in the same album! :D
I would recommend adding a few mm of bleed to each edge. It makes it easier to get onto a card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn