Hacking Cursed be thy DM + Usbloader GX with GCN backups

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because the cables were all damaged its called a coincidence

USB 3.0 cables facilitate the faster transfer rates of 4.8Gbps as well as the additional power transfer of 900 mA by doubling the amount of wires within the cable from 4 in the 2.0 cables to 8 in the 3.0 cables. USB 2.0 cables transfer data at 480 Mbps and provide power up to 500 mA.
USB 3.0 cables also have different connectors (typically blue on the inside) alongside the 2.0 counterpart connectors. This means that any device that uses the different connectors cannot use the 2.0 equivalent cables. In addition while the 2.0 B connectors physically fit into the 3.0 B ports the different wiring configuration does not allow proper data transfer. The A connectors still work properly so any 2.0 device with a 2.0 cable can be used with 3.0 ports or hubs.

I can tell you that that isn't a coincidence. I promise you, if you go and buy this old model of seagate goflex USB 3.0 1TB hard drive, it will not work with Dios Mios, however if you take that same hard drive and get the 2.0 cable adapter (its actually more than just the cable, a small part of the hard drive actually comes off and is replaced with a similarly designed portion of the hard drive with a cable that can be disconnected from that) and connect it, it will work. EVERY time, I'd put money on this, like real money. It would be a coincidence if these were all different models where this was happening, but its not, its the same model. I fiddled for hours trying to understand what was wrong, until I tried on a whim getting the old cable/adapter and sure enough it worked, when I saw online someone with the same model hd giving the same errors multiple times, it became very clear that this wasn't just a coincidence. If it is a coincidence, then I would say its a coincidence in the same way that the earth is giving signs of global warming, but global warming isn't happening, these events in the world are only coincidences.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ