Currupted "Clean" Pokemon SS ROM!?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by DJ91990, Apr 30, 2010.

Apr 30, 2010
  1. DJ91990
    OP

Member DJ91990 Dark-Type Trainer

United States
    Okay, I am having a very odd problem.

First the specs:
    Using: Nintendo DSi (Running FW 1.4)
    Flashcard:Acekard2i (DSi 1.4 Patch)
    Running FW: AKAIO 1.6 rc2 + loaders included with .zip
    Problematic Game: Pokemon Soul Silver

Okay here's the deal. So I started using cheats for the lulz and when I went up to the first rival battle the batle music is the normal trainer theme and not the rival battle and then the game crashes at black screens but the music continues to play!

Deleted .SAV, disabled cheats, PLAYED THE GAME AS NORMAL UP TO THE FIRST RIVAL ENCOUNTER AGAIN AND...SAME THING HAPPENED!!

WTF!?

*What I think I did:
    I think I "somehow" corrupted the ROM file by "Walking Through Walls." I read from a user on Youtube that Walking Through Walls in HG/SS into spicific Areas which makes the game crash currupts the ROM data as well! Could THAT be what caused the problem!?
    I DID make it past the RIVAL BEFORE I erased the game (SEL+B+UP) and started again with cheats for the LULZ!

I am going to start up my laptop (That has the SS ROM FILE still in .zip) and re-load the ROM and see if that fixes the problem.

Still, guys, ponder on this. WTF!?!

==UPDATE!!==
    So it appears that the ROM file got corrupted somehow.
    It could be 2 ways:
    1 ROM Corruption via Walk Through Walls into a Crash Zone
    or
    2 Micro SD Lost Formatting.

I am suspecting that it is #2 and am currently re-formatting all of my Micro SD Cards VIA Panasonic SDFormatter V2.0.0.3
    I did a FULL FORMAT on this bad boy!
    Now I should have no problems.

TIP!
    You know when it is a good time to reformat your micro SD when loading the CHEAT LIST take awhile. The same goes for loading/saving a game or starting a ROM file...EXCLUDING WARIO WARE DIY (Made in Ore)