Hacking currently translating unchained blades exxiv

kaikaiser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
? Not sure whose post Flame is directing to but I don't mind partial patches. I'll just refocus the translation effort to other stuff seeing how you guys want to skip that one for now.

Edit:
Just wondering about the color codes used. Is there any significance there?
Red=wrong translation
Yellow=suggestions (also some are already fixed)
The purple, I'm not sure yet

kaikaiser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I just popped back in to work on the doc but. . . . . . . . . . There are blanks ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!!!??????? They're in the item name's. What in the world happened?????

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Lines 615-624
642-669
939-996
2639-2801
Looks like someone copied and pasted the suggestion from the right hand column into the English column. Seriously? ?

Last edited by kaikaiser,

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Make a copy (File->Make Copy)
2) Revert changes. The 19Oct 6:59PM one is good, I think.
3) Go from there. Where there are blanks in the current version, copy the (19Oct 6:59PM) text into them. Then move the whole thing back.

Might want to make another copy from there and then work more privately off of that.
Anyway, to take control, I think you need to make your own copy, because I originally made the spreadsheet we're working on in my account.
1) Make a copy of something you're happy with.
2) Turn link sharing on (upper-right corner) and set to "anyone can comment." NOTE: The current one is set to "anyone can EDIT"
3) I'll have to give you my email address (by PM) so you can give me edit permission. Put this in where it says "people" at the bottom.

Yeah, someone messed up. It wasn't me.

Reactions: kaikaiser

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Pretty sure those blanks had translation on them.They are marked as '1'. Forgot they have revert function now but I don't see the option to do it. Anyway, just pm me the link if you guys plan to make it available to ppl with link only or I'll pass you my email if it's email invitation only.

Guren no heya kara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Alright, finished combing Weapons, Armors...Monsters, all the Nicknames...
There were so many machine translations that...lol.
Remember that for new Weapon, Armor and so on names, changes must be made inside their description too! There's a lot of stuff you'll have to re-check and fix ;)
The purple things I highlighted are stuff that is under research by other people I asked,
like the Bubal monster and the Innyayeld or something female name. No luck so far though :(
I'll go back to Zero no kiseki :)

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bubal is the name of one of the titans. Probably not a spoiler.

Only the 2nd column matters. The names to the right of the 2nd column tell you which item/quest/monster/skill it is a description of. Use these as a reference when translating.

kaikaiser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, finished combing Weapons, Armors...Monsters, all the Nicknames...
There were so many machine translations that...lol.
Remember that for new Weapon, Armor and so on names, changes must be made inside their description too! There's a lot of stuff you'll have to re-check and fix ;)
The purple things I highlighted are stuff that is under research by other people I asked,
like the Bubal monster and the Innyayeld or something female name. No luck so far though :(
I'll go back to Zero no kiseki :)
Thank you for all of your help

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, all set now. Same link as before. Let's keep going like this until kaikaiser decides what he's going to do.
Thanks for fixing it. I guess we will keep going like this. I'll just keep back ups.

kaikaiser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep up the good work everyone! We are almost done!! Do you guys want to finish the quest results or is the names and conditions good enough?

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you should do them.
Unlike monster descriptions, which no one will look at, most players will read through the quest text. It displays when you accept the quest and also when you turn in the quest, so all players who do the quests will see them. I think that's most players.

kaikaiser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you should do them.
Unlike monster descriptions, which no one will look at, most players will read through the quest text. It displays when you accept the quest and also when you turn in the quest, so all players who do the quests will see them. I think that's most players.
Sounds good!

kaikaiser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could you finish everything?

Please do the monster descriptions
Once the initial patch is released I will work on the monster description (and anyone else who wants to help). In the end I am hoping to have the entire doc translated into English. I am also hoping this will get the attention of others to help with the script. This game has a good story.

kaikaiser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that we are this close to being done I have run across a problem. When you make the .tpk file and run it with the python program it does not create the .dat file. When you look at either the Google doc or the .tpk you will see on the top left the number 1 is pushed down one row. I put a 0 there and it created the .dat file just fine, but in game some of the descriptions are out of place or pushed down. I think the missing number or the first number being pushed down might be the problem? ? I also cleaned up the doc (deleted all column on the right to leave just the original two columns on the left) before attempting to create the new file.

kaikaiser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gGfVY9l.png

gF1ry0x.jpg

Reactions: Shinon

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple things.

You can expand the number of lines for some of the descriptions.
I did one for you. Look at the description of Cotton Pants, starting at line 11 in the spreadsheet. See how I did it? You add extra lines at the end of the current item number (if you want extra lines).
Here are some screenshots showing it working. Shows before and after the adjustment.

NPJH50648_00003.jpg NPJH50648_00004.jpg

Okay, there are some other messages in the game.
You can see the tab on the data_msg_txt sheet, or use this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...9NKcOw3qo-E56rT_VFQ0dGMZos/edit#gid=995750973
Various battle messages and such.
The file format is the same as for data_msg_txt. You see these messages at various points within the game.
You follow the same method to insert the message text.
I wrote this program to help you: http://pastebin.com/WVYNvnej
The only differences from the previous one are input and output filenames.

Last edited by flame1234,

kaikaiser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple things.

You can expand the number of lines for some of the descriptions.
I did one for you. Look at the description of Cotton Pants, starting at line 11 in the spreadsheet. See how I did it? You add extra lines at the end of the current item number (if you want extra lines).
Here are some screenshots showing it working. Shows before and after the adjustment.

View attachment 27933 View attachment 27934

Okay, there are some other messages in the game.
You can see the tab on the data_msg_txt sheet, or use this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...9NKcOw3qo-E56rT_VFQ0dGMZos/edit#gid=995750973
Various battle messages and such.
The file format is the same as for data_msg_txt. You see these messages at various points within the game.
You follow the same method to insert the message text.
I wrote this program to help you: http://pastebin.com/WVYNvnej
The only differences from the previous one are input and output filenames.
Very nice! OK got it, I will give this a try. Thanks Flame!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ