Hacking curious about media

wiimii

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
hey everyone i just wanted to know how well Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD-R discs have faired for anyone using them for wii backups ,

did you get good results with this media , just curious as i have a wiikey to install and already got a 100 pack of Taiyo Yuden discs , hope i can use these with my modded wii
biggrin.gif

wiimii

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought a 100 pack of the exact same disks (well, they are TY 8x DVD-R anyway). They work consistently for everything. I have a Sony DRU-810A burner and I run Windows Vista 32 bit. I found that ImgBurn really does give me the best results (after trying Alcohol 120%, Nero, Ashampoo, CloneDVD and one other I can't remember right now) - meaning so far no failed writes and all the disks I make with it load on the Wii and give very few if any DREs (I think I've had 1 in the last two months). I burn at 8x for everything.

Do me a favor: on the DVD on the inside ring just where the color starts there should be a little code there, something like GG000239 is what I'm looking for. You'll have to angle the DVD just right in order to see it but it's definitely there. Can you post the number on your disks? That can potentially tell you the quality of the batch you happened to receive.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why. I thought I read on CDFreaks that end of batches aren't as good or something? Not sure. But yours is very close to mine, so I suspect the quality is comparable.

joejet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have always sworn by Taiyo Yuden, but for my Wii, i have the x16 disks, TY03 and i cannot get one burn that does not produce read errors... i have tried speeds from 4x to 20x on my LG and BenQ and both kick out stuff that either fails to read, or up to 15 min into a game fails...

On the other hand, i have some crap 2nd class Daxxon disks that are CompUsa branded and they dont fail at any burn speed...

I have read on another forum of a user having problems with TY... could there be a batch of Wii's that have lasers that just dont like TY??? The disks are flawless for every other purpose i have tried.

I am purchasing Verbatims, Prodiscs, and Riteks to see how they fare this week...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Cj8n4MfhjUc?si=detAUm1a27hi4uTP