This is long abandoned but latest patch should still be available here:
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/2579/
Game is fully playable with just few japanese strings here and there

Game name
Culdcept DS or ??????DS

3794.png

Game info
QUOTE said:
"Culdcept is a turn-based strategy video game. It has drawn comparisons to other modern strategy titles, and also shares features with non-video games Monopoly and Magic: The Gathering. The series of games saw high popularity in Japan, and a North American version was released for the Sony PlayStation 2 in 2003. Despite low sales in America, the game continues to have a strong following among fans. It has since gone out of print and has become relatively rare."

Goal: no specific goal (translate as much as possible)
Screenshots: i'll add some more screenshots later
1.png
2.png

Since we do not yet have a normal startup page at wiki...

Translation Wiki:
http://culdcept.referata.com/wiki/Main_Page

Recent Changes in translation: http://culdcept.referata.com/wiki/Special:RecentChanges
Latest WIP patch: http://culdcept.referata.com/wiki/WIP_Patch (updated at 12oo and 00oo (if changes were made))
patch was created with xdelta-3.x.. so, you'll need this to apply it.
You can download xdelta-3 here : http://code.google.com/p/xdelta/downloads/list
To apply patch you must run such command in command line:
Code:
xdelta3.exe -d -s Culdcept_J.nds Culdcept_patch.xdelta Culdcept_EN.nds
You can also try psycoblaster's xdelta GUI : http://cfile211.uf.daum.net/attach/1255E31A49C5CDA5588C4A

Once again i would highly suggest to read "Read First" or "Info" sections of translation pages.

theli said:
another instructions for patching
biggrin.gif

extract contents of latest patch archive and http://omploader.org/vMWl2cw/patch.rar
to some directory
so that contents of that directory look like this:
CODEculdcept_eng.xdelta3
Drop Rom Here.bat
xdelta3.exe
and then just drop rom on "Drop Rom Here.bat" file

Last edited by theli,
Reactions: Margen67

UScr00ge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got around to sit down with the game and try this patch for an hour or so. First of all, it's fantastic even at this early stage. It makes the game far more playable to have the card descriptions right there. Had a couple of questions.

1) Is there a way that this patch would have broken Holy Word 1 and Holy Word 6? I was on the 3rd single player map and I couldn't force the computer to have a diceroll of 1 or 6 with those spells. Might have been something weird about that particular map having additional rules or something.

2) The upgrading land menu is kinda broken. The last choice should be "exit" or "go back" after "exchange creature" but it's missing. So if you go to upgrade a land and decide not to you're stuck.

Awesome work guys.

theli

OP
Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
UScr00ge said:
Finally got around to sit down with the game and try this patch for an hour or so. First of all, it's fantastic even at this early stage. It makes the game far more playable to have the card descriptions right there. Had a couple of questions.
UScr00ge said:
1) Is there a way that this patch would have broken Holy Word 1 and Holy Word 6? I was on the 3rd single player map and I couldn't force the computer to have a diceroll of 1 or 6 with those spells. Might have been something weird about that particular map having additional rules or something.
ouch... it seems so ... i'll investigate this
Holy Words seem not to work ... "Cure" seems too..
smile.gif

QUOTE(UScr00ge @ Apr 1 2009, 07:26 AM)
2) The upgrading land menu is kinda broken. The last choice should be "exit" or "go back" after "exchange creature" but it's missing. So if you go to upgrade a land and decide not to you're stuck.
Awesome work guys.

I want ti remind translators once more:
Do not make long translations - they must FIT into both their maximum length and ingame UI
Do not leave such things as "????????? (No Battle Room)" - such strings DO NOT FIT into their maximum length, UI. They will be cut and may produce glitches (or may not
rolleyes.gif
)
Translators leave a lot of too-long strings ... do not get me wrong - i'm very glad people started helping... it's just that i just can't check every single string so it won't break something
For example - last night someone slightly broke Land command menu by removing line break after "Level Up Land"

Also, i saw someone started translating cards' descriptions... but leaving both translation and original text for whatever reason...
Do not do this - it is safe to replace original text since you can see it by hovering over(or clicking) card's number anyway

UScr00ge, i fixed Land command menus. you can try latest patch

theli

OP
Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
Ok, i've fixed saving of cards to rom so all cards should work as expected.
I also regenerated patch with those fixes.
Please, report all weirdness in cards' behaviour.

freed_y, i updated first post with info regarding xdelta

Googer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing work theli; I haven't tried the current patch yet but it's probably already enough to make it at least mostly playable for those that are already familiar with the Culdcept games.
smile.gif
I don't know a word of Japanese but I have played quite a bit of Culdcept Saga on my 360, so it's possible that I may be able to help out here and there if I refresh my memory with CS on some of what needs translating first.
tongue.gif

UScr00ge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm locking up at the 3rd story mission. It's the first branching path you come to. I picked the right path, pick my deck, and the game locks up there. I can upload my save if you want to reproduce it.

theli

OP
Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
UScr00ge said:
I'm locking up at the 3rd story mission. It's the first branching path you come to. I picked the right path, pick my deck, and the game locks up there. I can upload my save if you want to reproduce it.
hehe. i stuck there too
smile.gif

anyway, should be fixed now

M

multiboy2k

I love this project.

I think you guys are doing a GREAT job! You got a lot of work done and your not making such a big deal about either.
Bringing back the real spirit of translating games again. It was a community effort where nobody was trying to be the leader or the hero everybody did it
for the love of the game! Having all the cards translated like this so soon is a monumental effort.

Keep up the good work and thank you for the steady stream of updates and communication.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself