CTRnand Luma3DS bypass (will it brick?)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by JimPlayz912, Oct 6, 2018.

1. JimPlayz912
    OP

JimPlayz912 THE unlucky person

Jun 9, 2018
    Greece
    Somewhere, that's for sure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    So, my friend just CFWed his 2DS... But he bypassed the Luma3DS ctrnand section!
    Will his 2DS brick?

2. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    No. just means if his sd card craps out the system wont boot until a new sd card and files are gotten. or the ctrnand is set up.

3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ Embrace yourself

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    Copying Luma3DS to the CTRNAND really isn't necessary, it just provides a means of booting Luma3DS without the SD card and a slightly safer location for the boot.firm if the SD card breaks. It does not provide a method of preventing bricks, Luma3DS has different checks installed for that measure.

lone_wolf323 likes this.
  4. JimPlayz912
    OP

JimPlayz912 THE unlucky person

Jun 9, 2018
    Greece
    Somewhere, that's for sure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ok. Gotta chat with him to do the CTRnand secton! Anyway, thanks!
    (Off-topic: Before frogminer was announced, the only way to cfw a 3ds was to "seedmine" it with a dsiware game.
    So I bought the mario vs donkey kong bundle (which contained a 3ds game and a dsiware game). And I waited 1 week to arrive. I cfwed my 3DS successfully... AND AFTER A COUPLE OF DAYS A FREE METHOD SHOWS UP! 15 EUROS GONE! WHYYYYY. Things happen when I don't want them and things don't happen when I want them. THE unlucky person!)

5. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    When you were doing the Seedminer method, Frogminer likely wasn't even being worked on :P