Homebrew CtrBootManager: 3ds boot manager/loader (HomeMenuHax)

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
haha maybe the gateway team will work to enable this auto-boot stuff, only then we might be able to add it to the boot manager...

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have a couple questions:

1. Does the netload 3dsx option work? It just freezes my N3DS (no text showing it's listening or anything), and all attempts to send a 3dsx file via 3dslink fail. My 3DS' wifi is on and can browse the internet fine.
  2. If netload does work, is there a way to autoboot into that option? It'd be handy for quick testing to make sure a homebrew works on real hardware.

Reactions: d0k3

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a couple questions:

1. Does the netload 3dsx option work? It just freezes my N3DS (no text showing it's listening or anything), and all attempts to send a 3dsx file via 3dslink fail. My 3DS' wifi is on and can browse the internet fine.
  2. If netload does work, is there a way to autoboot into that option? It'd be handy for quick testing to make sure a homebrew works on real hardware.
To me netload doesn't work in n3ds, i use fts server 3dsx (cubic) or cia.
Same problem here. I think netload simply doesn't work properly.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
One more thing that I just thought of that would be nice: an option to change what we boot into by default. I know we can do that by editing the cfg file, but it'd be nice to be able to change it without needing to edit it using a computer or other homebrew app.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All I got is this... and I can only boot hbl…
Cfws all frozen at black screen or filer screen.

N3dsll
Sysnand 9.1
_20151016_145917.JPG

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
All I got is this... and I can only boot hbl…
Cfws all frozen at black screen or filer screen.

N3dsll
Sysnand 9.1
View attachment 27217

This means you either dont have the "boot.cfg" file at the root of your sdcard or it is malformed.
Else for the "live" boot option edit i'll add this soon. Also i'll try to upload sources this week end so people can play with it (even if it's a total crap, i didn't had the time to clean it...)

Last edited by cpasjuste,
Reactions: daxtsu

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here you go : https://github.com/Cpasjuste/CtrBootManager
I didn't want to release the code as this as it's a shame to me, but well i'm not sure if/when i'll have the time to make something proper so ... Also the code indentation is a big crap, thanks codeblocks.
Thanks to smea since a lot of code comes from him, and all other people involved ..

Last edited by cpasjuste,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here you go : https://github.com/Cpasjuste/CtrBootManager
I didn't want to release the code as this as it's a shame to me, but well i'm not sure if/when i'll have the time to make something proper so ... Also the code indentation is a big crap, thanks codeblocks.
Thanks to smea since a lot of code comes from him, and all other people involved ..
Thanks a ton for the source code release!

There are two (or three) things that bug me about CTR Boot Manager now...
  1. With the newer releases, the title line doesn't look good when autobooting long text menu entries. I think the text should be centered.
  2. I can't install stuff via FBI when ran via CTR Boot Manager (boot to ReiNAND SysNAND -> Ninjhax to CTR Boot Manager -> Run FBI from CTR Boot Manager menu). It doesn't work if I run HB launcher from CTR Boot Manager first either. Anything that could be done about that?
  3. Well, I already explained that, but netload doesn't do anything for me.
Otherwise, great work!

gl1mml1ng

Trophies
Website
tuetenmensch.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm recompiling some homebrew apps to use the directory /data/<appname>/... instead of using the root of the sdcard for their config files or other resources, because I want to keep the files more organized.

In this case I want to put the boot.cfg file to /data/boot.cfg by editing config.c , but when I compile, I get the following error at the end:

linking boot.elf
main.o: In function `main':
main.c:(.text.startup+0x0): multiple definition of `main'
main.o:main.c:(.text.startup+0x0): first defined here
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/c/Users/Stefan/Desktop/CtrBootManager/boot.elf] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

My Devkitpro and the libs should be up to date and the most other homebrew compiles just fine. Where is my error? Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.