CTR-HTTPWN Problem

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by NGamerCole, May 15, 2017.

1. NGamerCole
    OP

NGamerCole Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2016
    United States
    Basically on my New3DS I'm trying to get on the eShop through homebrew, I just updated ctr-httpwn to v1.2 since the other version wasn't working. The updated version is also not working either. Heck for some reason it still says it's outdated on it when it starts up. It also says "warning: bosshaxx wasn't setup." Not sure how to go about that, when I first got it working I didn't have to do much to set it up. And it's been a minute since I've messed with homebrew. Anyone feeling helpful today? Thanks in advance.

2. RyDog

RyDog Lazy Animal Crossing hacker

Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    What version is your 3DS on?
    OFW/CFW?
    Also, which entrypoint are you using to enter the homebrew launcher (ie: Ninjihax/Menuhax/OOTHax, etc.)

3. NGamerCole
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2016
    United States
    11.0.0-33, the OFW and CFW thing I have no idea idea, and Ninjihax. It worked a couple months ago last I used it, but as you can see it no longer works for me.

4. RyDog

RyDog Lazy Animal Crossing hacker

Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    Last I've heard, was it was patched. I'm not sure if by patched, it was patched in 11.4, or it meant that you could no longer use CTR-HTTPWN... :unsure:
    Perhaps you should just install arm9loaderhax and get a CFW, as Luma 7.0+ patches out some checks that require you to update to the latest firmware.
    If you want to get a cfw, follow this guide: https://3ds.guide/
    Else, wait and see if someone could confirm whether CTRHTTPWN is dead or not, and they might have a fix.

5. NGamerCole
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2016
    United States
    I was going to end up doing that one day, but I've been lazy, I should look into doing this anyway. I'll take a look at this guide, thank you.

RyDog likes this.
  6. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    it is dead on 11.4 and higher firmwares (as in the method of how it works , and only for newer FW's.), should still work for older FW's though not sure why its not working for the OP,

Last edited by Dracari, May 16, 2017
  7. NGamerCole
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2016
    United States
    Yeah not sure why it wasn't working anymore, but that's totally fine, cause I went got cfw on my 3DS. The guide was super easy to follow, thanks again RyDog.