Hacking RELEASE CTCaer's Hekate w/ Battery Desync Fix

Nynrah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Look at capacity full, capacity design, and current now and voltage now rate it is discharging at.
It reads the following at the moment:
- Capacity full = 4720 mAh
- Capacity design = 4667 mAh
- Capacity now = 2455 mAh [52%]
- Current now = -317 mA
- Current average = -244 mA
- Voltage now = 3763 mV

The only thing that I noticed here is that the reported design capacity is lower than the full capacity.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It reads the following at the moment:
- Capacity full = 4720 mAh
- Capacity design = 4667 mAh
- Capacity now = 2455 mAh [52%]
- Current now = -317 mA
- Current average = -244 mA
- Voltage now = 3763 mV

The only thing that I noticed here is that the reported design capacity is lower than the full capacity.

Battery seem fine, probably has to do with the soldering, poor soldering probably.

Last edited by Hayato213,

Nynrah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Battery seem fine, probably has to do with the soldering, poor soldering probably.
I made a picture of my battery info screen so that all the info's there in one go. The only thing that sticks out here to me is that the design capacity is lower than the full capacity (not sure if that's important, though), but beyond that I'm not sure what to make of these numbers.

Attachments

• switch battery info.jpg
    switch battery info.jpg
    999.7 KB · Views: 329
Last edited by Nynrah,

Nynrah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Err, for some reason I managed to miss this version of this post. I can't tell if the soldering is at fault here. I didn't do the mod myself and I don't really want to open the thing up right now for various reasons. The main question on my mind would be if the battery desync I've got is just an inconvenience or if it's a serious problem (as in, shortens the battery's lifespan).

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err, for some reason I managed to miss this version of this post. I can't tell if the soldering is at fault here. I didn't do the mod myself and I don't really want to open the thing up right now for various reasons. The main question on my mind would be if the battery desync I've got is just an inconvenience or if it's a serious problem (as in, shortens the battery's lifespan).

It seem like problem is with your SX Core, as it draining more battery than it suppose to drain, I don't have any SX Core but I have V1 unit with SAMD21 Modchip, when the modchip push the payload and exit rcm mode on v1 unpatched it doesn't really drain that much battery, mine can go few days on a full charge when on standby. Maybe bad bootloader/firmware files from SX, that you have to do some research on your on if that was the latest that was available.

stewacide

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyway i can recalibrate my battery info?
capacity full is nearly 200% of design.
this correlates to me seeing the switch shutting down around 50%
i get a good 3 hrs or more out of it but would like to know if i can get a correct % reading
thanks!

Mine shows ~150% of design capacity, and predictably shuts down when it gets to the neighbourhood of reading 25%. Did you find a solution?

Azmort

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, I'm running into this issue, my indicator goes erratic jumping from 100% to less percentage until it drops to 1% and then jumping again to 100%, I have been using my Switch on Ubuntu a lot, but I just got this issue recently, I've tried the payload on this page and it worked once, but I've got the issue again and it doesn't work anymore, however, when I'm running Android it seems to show the right battery percentage, Imma try the battery drain but I'm hopping someone knows a little more about it.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The fix from this build has been integrated into the official Hekate releases since not long after this thread was posted afaik, so using the latest Hekate should be the best option. Beyond that, I don't have any personal experience with this battery issue but maybe someone else can help.

WoWo

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I had a few months ago similar percent indicator problems. My battery from 100% drop in seconds to 1% and stuck here until switch drain battery. Also hekate also reported inaccurate battery capacity (mAh value). Somewhere on the web, mayby on reddit or xda, I dont remember now. I found, it is a normal fuel gauge problem in battery powered devices, and tried tips from that thread.
What I did on previously switch:

1. I also use this re-calibration payload - without success, still problems occur
2. Used a random .te script that I found on internet to also force reset fuel gauge - without success
3. Flashed pure backup of HOS from my switch that I created directly after got from box - without success
4. Ordered and replaced battery - without success too. On new battery I still had this problem ...
5. I dont remember more, but I really did some weird magic here
6. Found solution that worked on my switch, and on my old Samsung Note 4 too - its weird, but it had same problem later. I describe it below, what I remember, dont ask for link, I cant find it now again

I dont know how harmfull this solution is for battery life, but I dont noticed any changes in SoT
The solution for me, was easy but it is time consuming, you need to be patient, what I did:

1. From hekate (if you use hardware mod as I) run stock system, without mods, atmosphere etc.
2. Go to options and set Auto-Sleep option to: Never,
3. Set screen brightness to minimum - for slowly depleting battery
4. Leave switch and dont touch it anymore until battery was depleted and switch powers off
5. When batery is depleted and switch is off, wait a half of hour until you plug a charger.
6. Plug charger, power on switch to HOS menu dont touch, I mean dont play, and wait until full, but it need to be true full, when it hit 100% this can be a incorrect reading, just leave a plugged switch for 8-10h, after that:
7. Unplug from charger, AND power off.
8. Leave (powered off) switch for half or one hour.
9. Power on switch after this time and do steps 3-9 up to 5 times.

I did it 3 times and was enought for my switch, fuel gauge back to report true values in % and in mAh in Hekate
After this operation dont forget enable back Auto-Sleep.

I believe it will help you. I did this on two different devices (Switch and Note 4 and it worked for me fine)

Greetings

Azmort

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The fix from this build has been integrated into the official Hekate releases since not long after this thread was posted afaik, so using the latest Hekate should be the best option. Beyond that, I don't have any personal experience with this battery issue but maybe someone else can help.
I keep reading it, but I can't find it anywhere, in Tools there's only Backup eMMC, Restore eMMC, Partition SD Card, USB Tools, Fix Archive Bit, Calibrate Touchscreen, AutoRCM and Dump Package 1/2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto