Not open for further replies.

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Youtube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ4I2T-DmjU

UPDATE (1/05/09): This thread will hopefully be locked momentarily, all future information about updates can be found on my blog here at GBATemp, and releases will be given a thread of their own.
http://blogs.gbatemp.net/Forsaekn

UPDATE (11/25/08): Both wii's are off to Nintendo for repair. If you would like to donate to show further support of cSM as many have already on this forum, you can do so Here. (thanks for the idea and your generosity EmperorofCanada)

THIS IS OUTDATED! I've come a long way from this
smile.gif
. Updated information on cSM can be found later in the thread, starting at this post #535

A sneak peek (well, more of a tease) of my Custom System Menu or "custom firmware" for the wii. This is cSM_v0.2f ALPHA in action, which is based off system menu 3.2.

The video shows, well, the only few things you can see in this video...the disc channel booting backup discs (without reboot) and my cool logo.

The other features you didn't see that are currently implemented in v0.2f are:

- Region Free System (channels, games, saves)
- Disc Channel lock removed, move it wherever you like...
- Skip Disc Update Check
- Rescue Menu (Hold Y on GC controller before logo)
- Removed NoCopy flag check, copy any savegames or channels you want.

and many, many more on the todo list.

The initial public releases wont contain a lot of visual changes (although I did manage to sneak in the cSM logo for this revision), and will focus more on functionality. As the releases grow, so will my finess with the menu.

As for the chances for bricking, once again this is a complete system menu replacement. It uses IOS 251, so if you install cSM before IOS251 is installed, you're bricked (but I've put a check in the cSM installer that looks for IOS251 first, so you're covered there). The same goes for if you decide to delete IOS251 while cSM is installed, your wii wont boot (can't stop stupidity, sorry).

If you accidently update your system menu to 3.3 or higher while cSM is installed, you will not brick. Your wii will happily update to the newer Nintendo Official version without any problems, as their menus use different IOS's.

Also, sorry for the terribly quality, took it on my cellphone.

Edit: Arm the homeless, yeah. I made a video. just for you. >.>
Edit2: Oh yeah, and WiiShizzza made that awesome logo, in fact he'll be doing quite a bit of photoshopping for me so I can focus my efforts elsewhere.

Fors

Chemical_Warfare

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the cSM looks awesome, thats some wicked work.
Can't wait to put my hand on it!

fors dude, i hate to ask, but would you mind posting the wads for those emu channels?

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chemical_Warfare said:

fors dude, i hate to ask, but would you mind posting the wads for those emu channels?
see here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=110016 i posted them a loooong time ago. You'll probably have to inject updates into them, but im still using the old ones and they're great.

Fors

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Wow, congrats. Sure looks like it has LOTS of potential! I'm looking forward to it
smile.gif

Also thanks for the neat emu channels. I missed them too
wink.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
may i make a request?

permanent error 001 removal? booting geckoos everytime sucks

thanks

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
youre so cool

will it work even if you have a mod?

Chemical_Warfare

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Forsaekn said:
Chemical_Warfare said:

see here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=110016 i posted them a loooong time ago. You'll probably have to inject updates into them, but im still using the old ones and they're great.

Fors

much appreciated man, i didnt realize you had already posted them. If you say they work for you, im not messin around with 'em. I havent ventured into the injecting side quite yet, i like my wii functional, and you crazy bastards do awesome enough work that what im looking for is usually already good to go.

Thanks again, im sure you'll be hearing from me again - not in a bad way
tongue.gif

edit: fuck i hate typing after a few pints! (spelling!)

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jan777 said:
youre so cool

will it work even if you have a mod?

it should yes, i'd test that too for you if my modchip wasnt dead (which directly invoked my frustration into creating cSM). Logically speaking though, The Disc channel of cSM uses the cIOS di calls that the backup loaders use, which effectively circumvent the 001 error check. I believe you're in the clear, but tomorrow i'll install it on my friends chipped wii and get some hard results for you.

Fors

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
wouldn't it boot faster without the logo?
frown.gif

and we'll still stuck with 3x, right?

but still, this is going to be awesome!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
w4aqar said:
Forsaekn brilliant thank you. You have potential to be a great coder
He already is a great coder - done some great work already but there were a few thank you's lacking from place to place for his input so his name slipped through the limelight a little bit more than it should have.

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PizzaPino said:
wouldn't it boot faster without the logo?
frown.gif

and we'll still stuck with 3x, right?

but still, this is going to be awesome!
It would, but that makes it less cool
lecture.gif

In a later release (when I tackle the settings menu and revamp it completely to take advantage of my hidden channel modules) I'll give the option to toggle it off.

Fors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo