Hacking cSM Sneak Peek!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beatchu

Trophies
XP
Country
Edgedancer said:
Nice work and sorry to be skeptical but where is the proff that there is no modchip installed.
You don't need proof - you trust forsaekn because I'm damn sure he's contributed more to wii homebrew than you

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
cheers fors, that looks badass, quick question though is it currently loading GC backups and if not will it do so in future

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Beatchu said:
Edgedancer said:
Nice work and sorry to be skeptical but where is the proff that there is no modchip installed.
You don't need proof - you trust forsaekn because I'm damn sure he's contributed more to wii homebrew than you
WTF was that about. All I was asking was if there is any proof. I know I have contributed absolutely nothing to the homebrew scene and I can admit it. But that does not give you any right to go on the personal attack. Look at the post right below you and you will see that he was expecting more than one skeptical person to reply.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
dude chill, hes just saying to trust developers cause they know what they're doing

jfitie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great work!
grog.gif

Chemical_Warfare

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
djtaz said:
w4aqar said:
Forsaekn brilliant thank you. You have potential to be a great coder
He already is a great coder - done some great work already but there were a few thank you's lacking from place to place for his input so his name slipped through the limelight a little bit more than it should have.

not as much as you may think... those of us with half a mind and a willingness to know exactly who he is... Cant win em all buddy
wink.gif

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Beatchu said:
It was not a personal attack and I apologise if it seemed that way
No problem mate. All I was saying is that I personally haven't heard of him (though the name NOW rings a bell). I am sure that if I hadn't asked, plenty of others would have.

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nutta_nic said:
cheers fors, that looks badass, quick question though is it currently loading GC backups and if not will it do so in future
GC Backups register in the disc channel, but they don't load when you try to launch them, as MIOS (The IOS gamecube games use) is not patched yet like cIOS. It will in the future, if somebody else doesnt accomplish it before me i'll get to it. Retail GC discs still boot fine though.

dbkdbk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work Forsaekn, it's really really awesome but just out of paranoia I wanted to know whether after installing the cSM, can you uninstall it so that you can use the original wii menu?

Again great work! Can't wait for the release.
cool.gif

Beatchu

Trophies
XP
Country
Edgedancer said:
Beatchu said:
It was not a personal attack and I apologise if it seemed that way
No problem mate. All I was saying is that I personally haven't heard of him (though the name NOW rings a bell). I am sure that if I hadn't asked, plenty of others would have.
Glad we sorted it out
smile.gif
now back on topic,
when you make it so we can change the appearance, are you planning simple colour changes or pictures like the 360 DB?

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dbkdbk said:
Great work Forsaekn, it's really really awesome but just out of paranoia I wanted to know whether after installing the cSM, can you uninstall it so that you can use the original wii menu?

cool.gif

I guess i'll clear this up now. Never ever ever ever uninstall or delete your wii's system menu (that's a general you, not you personally). It is the most dangerous thing ever to leave your wii without a functioning system menu for any length of time. anytime you want to change system menus, always install your desired menu over the current one. there is only one system menu title, so you don't need to worry about overwriting it.

QUOTE(Beatchu @ Nov 15 2008, 07:17 AM) when you make it so we can change the appearance, are you planning simple colour changes or pictures like the 360 DB?
Making it so end users can change the system menu's look is very far off. I will be changing pretty much everything about the system menu in my cSM though anyways, including layout, colorscheme, shapes, images, functionality, etc. Once i've given it a complete overhaul and facelift, i'll consider creating a system of "skinning". I wouldnt expect it for a while though.

Fors

dbkdbk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forsaekn said:
dbkdbk said:

cool.gif
I guess i'll clear this up now. Never ever ever ever uninstall or delete your wii's system menu (that's a general you, not you personally). It is the most dangerous thing ever to leave your wii without a functioning system menu for any length of time. anytime you want to change system menus, always install your desired menu over the current one. there is only one system menu title, so you don't need to worry about overwriting it.

Fors

So, if for whatever reason (like Shigeru Miyamoto deciding to come over to my place and play the next Zelda on my Wii over a pint) I can just install the current wii menu and it will over write the cSM?

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
Forsaekn said:
nutta_nic said:
GC Backups register in the disc channel, but they don't load when you try to launch them, as MIOS (The IOS gamecube games use) is not patched yet like cIOS. It will in the future, if somebody else doesnt accomplish it before me i'll get to it. Retail GC discs still boot fine though.

thanx for the reply and good luck for the future progress

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Forsaekn said:
Would you not be better releasing cSM in the same way that starfall is - that is it patches the current SM, and patches can be toggled on/off at will?

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dbkdbk said:
So, if for whatever reason (like Shigeru Miyamoto deciding to come over to my place and play the next Zelda on my Wii over a pint) I can just install the current wii menu and it will over write the cSM?
Correct. Obviously if you want to go to the same (3.2) or lower version you'd have to manually install the system menu wad through wad manager.

So say you update your system menu using the update button and it goes to official v3.9 (lol), no problems. If you ever want to reinstall cSM just run the installer again and you're back. Also cSM isnt limited to 3.2, if nintendo releases some juggernaught of a system menu update that blows all of our pants off then I can easily update cSM to utilize it.

QUOTE(quim69 @ Nov 15 2008, 07:26 AM) Would you not be better releasing cSM in the same way that starfall is - that is it patches the current SM, and patches can be toggled on/off at will?
Initially for alpha testing and beta releases no, im not worried about turning certain functions off. When I revamp the settings menu in a later official release, it will utilize my hidden channel modules to patch these settings in realtime (memory) as well as making the change in NAND. The features that are implemented now don't have any reason to be turned off. (With the exception of skip disc update check, in case you realllllly needed to)

Fors

Beatchu

Trophies
XP
Country
lol. I can just imagine triangular channels. Would this change what the banner would need to look like and leave us with a nice brick? (assuming somebody wanted triangular channels)

dbkdbk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forsaekn said:
dbkdbk said:
Correct. Obviously if you want to go to the same (3.2) or lower version you'd have to manually install the system menu wad through wad manager.

So say you update your system menu using the update button and it goes to official v3.9 (lol), no problems. If you ever want to reinstall cSM just run the installer again and you're back. Also cSM isnt limited to 3.2, if nintendo releases some juggernaught of a system menu update that blows all of our pants off then I can easily update cSM to utilize it.

Fors

Ok. Thanks for the reply and again GREAT WORK!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: